OH, BY THE WAY, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CONSIDERED "VERY HEALTHY" AND USUALLY DID NOT CATCH THE USUAL SICKNESSES. I'M 60 YEARS OLD N FROM ST. LOUIS . MY PARENTS ARE "POSTER CHILDREN OF HEALTH" 81 & 77 & THEY HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THIS 3 MONTH SUPER BUG ALONG WITH A LARGE NUMBER OF OTHERS. JUST TO NOTE SO NOTHING IS WITHHELD - MY 81 YEAR OLD FATHER DOES N HAS HAD A FORM OF LEUKEMIA FOR I THINK THE LAST APPROX. 8 YEARS BUT, AND A BIG BUT, I WOULD PUT HIM UP AGAINST ANY 55 YEAR OLD. HE'S STILL AN EXTREMELY HEALTHY SPECIMEN ON THE OUTSIDE AND CAN OUT WORK MOST.

Funny, at my dialysis center we all got an ugly stomach flu with terrible cough, but that was during Thanksgiving. Everyone around me there including the Techs are still coughing a wheezy dry cough, and choking alot. I usually heal really fast, usually in 3 days i am back to normal. This is very unusual and the doctors at the center don't get it or arent talking. CDC doesnt mention anything. But this is very unusual. I am almost healed, but still have the slightest little cough. Got tested for TB, lungs Xrayed, and am HIV negative.
Just went on the Internet and checked out the CDC hoping to figure this out...

Thanks Richard! This just gave me the answer I was looking for. I am sick of being so sick - was thinking that the smoking is playing a big role in how sick I wind up and for how long.

I have had the flu for over 4 months, I even took antibiotics for it. And I still have it a little bit but not as bad as it was, just a lingering cough now that I am taking a puffer for. I've heard that the flu today is no longer the flu anymore like it used to be, but has become something way more serious and in some cases is even resistant to antibiotics.

I have had the flu for about a month. I was told by the doctor, just like you said, that I had one strain of the flu first, which brought my immune system down, I continued to work and didn't rest, so as one virus runs its cycle through me, the next one catches on. I continued to have coughing and sneezing and even ended up with pleurisy. But I finally got over it this week, after taking 5 days off. I slept during most of those days, Alka-Seltzer plus every day, a huge dose of vitamin C, two massages, one sauna session, two baths in Dr. Singha mustard mix, and had the vaporizer going on in my room with Eucalyptus and Frankincense oil in the water. Phew I know that is a lot, but I thought I was dying. I have had two sexual partners all my life, and never had blood transfusion or anything of the sort, and I started to think I must have HIV or some immune issue. But turned out it is just a sequences of flu viruses. Good luck to you all!

I had the same thing for 3 month and then I caught another cold and to my amazement I took DayQuil and I feel much better before the day quill I tried everything from antibiotic to herbs - but I hit it with two packets of DayQuil and today I sure feel better - no wheezing no nose running no coughing -

I have had this"flu' in the U.P. of Michigan. Since early Nov. It has come and gone. And now its mid Jan. And I have it again. Apparently by the posts I've read this is something that a lot of people are experiencing. I just want answers on why this is happening because in my 55 years I have never experienced this type of flu, but I've had it the last few years. I'd bet the government has the answers...

Hi im pam from ilinois\OMG ME TOO!!! since Dec 24th
it goes from my chest head and throat then down to my bowels pain-sore throat headaches fever and back and forth for over 3 months i had 22 tests done all show ""your find"" i said to my doctor "FINE? NOT!!!

Hi, ive had flu symtoms since christmas off and on and feel terrible with aching muscles and general weakness with my sinuses being constantly blocked. I had a spinal fusion operation two years ago and six months afterwards started getting fibromyalgia symtoms which recently have been diagnosed with. Recently i had a blood test which showed no vitamin D at all in which i have had to go on an 8 week high dosage course of liquid vitamin D something in the region of 50,000 ul per week. I am also taking seven seas multivitamins as well. The other strange thing is every morning since christmas ive been waking up with what feels like a swollen neck and area where thyroid gland is and it feels like somebody has got their hand around my neck which is a very strange sensation. I also get a stinging pain under my right shoulder blade which is pearmenant and does not ease up. My doctor keeps telling me its nerve related or fibro related but i am not convinced to be honest and its a little worrying as its making me feel very rough. I take pregabalin which seem to relax me and have eased the muscle soreness but not my neck or shoulder pain so i wondered if anybody on here has experienced similar symtoms.

On May 5, 2018 I got the ear ache from hell. Went to walk-in clinic 24 hrs. later. Cleaned out impacted wax. One week later, earache the same. Also feel like there is a raw, running sore in my throat, upper right side, just behind tongue. Food and pills sometimes get stuck. Went to ER; they couldn't find anything but prescribed antibiotics & Zofran for nausea. No help. Today is day 15 of ear ache & facial/throat pain. My dentist noted swollen salivary glands. Will see otolaryngologist May 31. (I talked to someone whose family in Oregon all had similar symptoms for about 2 weeks. Their doctor said "virus" & they got well. Don't know if I could have same thing but doubt it.) In addition to the earache my husband and I had flu-like symptoms for a couple weeks; mild nose, throat, lung, stomach, diarrhea, severe muscle pain with 101.2 F. temp.~~~~Over 20 years ago "flu" did terrible damage to the right side of my face. I had Guillan Barre syndrome & encephalopathy. Present illness is similar. If I have had flu it will take about a year to recover due to neurological issues. The vaccine even causes mild paralysis in me. I feel so hopeless.~~~I am in my late 50's. My friends & I talk about the simple diseases when we were kids, and people used to get well. Colds, flu, stomach "flu" & childhood diseases. NOW nobody seems to get well from the crippling new "viruses". What the heck?