Not sure if this helps. I do take Duloxotine anti depressants and a few times have missed a day or 2 at most and have had this swooshing but didn't connect till this week when I missed 4 days and it was terrible. It's like the sound of putting hands under a powerful dryer. It's very odd so I do believe this most be a factor.

I get this mostly at night when having to get up to go to the bathroom or first thing in the morning it's very disturbing it's like a woosh woosh kind of sound and I don't know what it is but sleep seems to help.

You almost certainly have Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome

Since being told i have ear infection i have been having same symptoms as you decribe and few more. Tingling top of head , swollen on right side on gum near throat, trouble swallowing. Loud buzzing noise in ears, weakness down right arm comes and goes.

Hello Dizzyear, this sounds so much like me. I've been to an ENT who said he believes it to be from migraines. He referred me to a nauralogist but I can't get in for two more months (of course!). These symptoms actually went away for two whole weeks and are now slowly starting to return. They were so bad for several months so I'm now very fearful that it'll be that long again until I get another 2 week break. But I also take Venlafaxine to help prevent hot flashes, I'm not always very faithful in taking this, maybe I should be? The thing is, I never had these symptoms befor starting it, maybe over time it's built up in my system and is CAUSING the problem?? Any ideas? I'm so tired of being sick.

I have Superior Canal Dehiscence and most certainly you do as well. I started experiencing symptoms in '97, which is the year it was first discovered. At that time almost no physicians had heard of it and I was also lead down the antidepressant path for years. I was finally able to diagnose myself about 5 years later and took almost another 3 years to finally find someone who was willing to test for it. It is so rare that it was dismissed by every doctor except Chicago Dizziness and Hearing who confirmed the diagnosis. Surgery followed and the condition improved somewhat.

I had a breakdown about 25 years ago caused by a situation that arose after a person sued me over some work, this was nothing to do with me but a third parties negligence, this depression arose about a year or so later, i had counseling etc and saw the doctor for several years off and on with anxiety and frustration situations, i have had severe tinnitus as well for about 30 years.
But i have the swishing eyeball movement problem, and nausea, to add to this situation. I also am on antidepression tablets Citalopram 1 20mg each day which i take at night, but if i miss a night this swishing etc comes on very strong, but it also takes place when my stress levels go up, i am visiting my doctot soon and will see if i require a stronger dose , or another brand.glad to have found this page and trust it will be usefull for others

I see all these posts are from a year ago but wanted to chime. I too have been experiencing headaches dizziness and whooshing sound in my brain. Not to alarm anyone but I ended up with a grade 4 glioblastoma. if you haven't had an MRI done at this point please urge your GP to do so immediately. The whooshing sound is Adema which is swelling on the brain. It's not an allergy or related to anemia. Go see your doctor or right away

did you have a severe headache like migraine, along with the other symptoms?? I am have these problems now... I have had migraines for the past 2 weeks with bouts of insomnia, Sometimes the sounds are worst when I lay down and its very dark then in turn the light bothers me. I haven't been to the dr yet but planning on it soon.

hi please give me more information my email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private e-mails is not allowed *** *** all questions should be discussed on our website *** Please read our Terms of Use
i have all the symptoms you talk about

You need to get evaluated for Lyme disease whether you remember a tick bite ir not. You are describing me to a T and I've really had chronic Lyme all along. See TruthCures.org and watch video for some eye opening information.

My symptoms EXACTLy!! So depressing!!! Cannot believe I found these posts!!!