The nicotine withdraw will cause sinus problems. Such as stuffy nose runny nose itchy eyes site throat and a painful lump feeling in your throat. The painful feeling is from not using the glands as much as you usually do. The lack of use can cause inflammation and soreness

my hubby is the same,, he smoked for 50 yrs no issues but thought it was time to quit cause he didnt want to carry an oxygen tank around someday.. it has been 10 months and he has been in hosptital, test after test, bronchitis 6 times and cant breath , now he is on 3 inhalers and takes breathing treatments at home,, unbelievable, this man was never sick or missed work . now its been crazy,, I dont understand why so many problems after quitting,, he sounds like he has a chest cold constantly,, even his voice is different,,all test say his lungs look good its just copd,, well why no copd or issues before,, something seems amiss

I quit cold turkey after forty years of smoking one pack a day.
The secret to quitting is to smoke as many as you want, except for the first one.

We are drug addicts. I quit cold turkey after 40yr. of 1 pack a day.
As with any addict, it's the first one you can't have.
Stick to that rule and you can quit with no help.
I also have sob along with some other probable symptoms but I love defeating cigarettes even if it kills me.

I quit cold turkey months ago. I think it's all mind control as I know it's a drug addiction problem and my mind just understands that as with most any addiction you can't trick yourself into the first one. So no point in craving and thinking about it, cause if you don't give in to the first one your safe.

Smoking lowers the immune system and there are many things in the environment that are causing people autimmune disorders such as pollution, toxins, GMOs, preservatives, cleaning products, dairy... beleive it or not smoking may help to supress an over active immune system, hense when you guys have stopped you have autimmune disorder symptoms such as breathing, digestive, bowel, nervous system problems etc. Not saying smoking over all is good but it lowers the immune system and when you have an over active one then this is a good side effect. Doctors dont know this. Done my research.

So it has been 2.5 years for me now and I still get the upper back tightness. Do you still experience this as well?

Hi there im almost at my 3 years quitting, I still suffer of some symptoms like pain in chest back and arm. But not that often compare from my first year.

New Member
1 post
Just wondering how your doing now? I quit in September of 2018 and I went through the same barrage of test's minus the heart catherization, I wouldn't do that one. I still feel like c**p, I'm tired all day long, I've gained the 20lbs back that I had lost before I quit and now I have diabetes. I've had so many trips to the emergency dept. I've lost tracked. I now suffer from severe anxiety/ depression because of these health issues. I quit cold turkey after thirty years of smoking so maybe this was the wrong way to go. All I know is I want to feel good again both mentally and physically, will this ever end?