I meant car accident now over 3 weeks ago
Not a second without pain
Is that normal that even though the pain went from 10 to 8.5, it's still constant without a break

I was in a car accident 7 months ago where I T-boned a car going 50-55 mph who was making an illegal U turn with their tail in my lane. Upon Impact I immediately felt an intense amount of chest pain from where the seatbelt hit my sternum. I went to the ER where they did a chest X ray and didn't see any fractures. They told me that it was probably just cracked cartilage if anything. I went home and suffered for about a month with intense chest pain that I took care of with prescribed muscle relaxers and percocets. The pain went away, however I've noticed now that my chest does this popping thing, where I feel discomfort and that I need to "pop" my chest. And when I flex my chest out a LOUD pop occurs. I need to know if this is normal after high impact car accidents or if this is something I need to go back to the doctor for. It happens once or twice daily and I'm worried I could be facing something worse than just cracked cartilage!

I have hurt for 6 weeks but hit steering wheel did not go to hospital can I ask undid they do anything to help u??

Hi, I'm Michael, I had that procedure done and it seemed to help . You still have to be careful picking up stuff.
By the way , they braced mine for 16 months and then went back in and took it out.
Then last year I fell and dislocated both my shoulders at the same time .
I think I injured my sternum again right in the same place . Back to the daily pain. Good luck

Go to your Doctor and tell him/her that you need to have a Cat Scan of your chest with dye.
It will show everything that is wrong. It takes a long time to heal from a sternum fracture.

Yes, I fractured my sternum in a car accident 5 weeks ago, and the pain is constant, rising to excrutiating if I sneezed, hiccuped, coughed etc...I am still in constant pain (particularly at the bone right now) but the times I have the excrutiating pain is far less and I can move and pick up things more.

April 2016 i was rear ended in a csr acident the uoung man was travelinng at 35 mph no brakes im having so much pain in my upper back and my sternum bone is protrudiing it also is causing pain do i have somrthing broke maybe it feels like something is rolling arouund in my upper backo

Fractured sternum,that's what happened to me.it's been two years since my accident and I still cry because of pain.only test that showed it was CT scan

A fractured sternum due to an auto accident seems to be much more common than most people think. While my fracture was picked up on the CT scan, the ER doctor was at a loss of how to treat this fracture. After 16 weeks of pain and discomfort, my VA doctors tell me that I need to have my fracture reduced and a titanium plate with screws installed to stabilize the bone. I still have some pain with coughing or sneezing and when turning over in bed. I am looking for other patients that have had this procedure who will share their outcomes.

You need to have your doctor order a bone scan