My father is suffering from cancer. It has affected his lymph nodes. He is going to chemotherapy. Of course it causes him to feel nausea. I was trying to convince him to take marijuana but he is telling me that I am crazy and that I am junky. So I decided to suggest him Marinol. How can I get some marinol legally?

Marinol is legal medication which can be prescribed legally by doctor in any health institution. All he needs to do is to go to the doctor and to explain him the situation. He will give him prescription and you can take the Marinol in every pharmacy. I know that it is slowly absorbed but it is better then to take marijuana and to destroy the respiratory system.

How will it destroy his respiratory system there have been no links to marijuana use and lung cancer in the history of its use...Its the same thing as nicotine patches and cigarettes its just another thing that has the same affect that the government can make money off of though...The government can not make any money off of regular marijuana so it synthesizes its drug (THC) and then produces a pill (Marinol) that can have similar affects...molecularly it is the same but the electron paths are ultimately not...so you don't really know if it accomplishes the same thing as marijuana would. Marijuana has been proven to relieve pain, depression, anxiety....the only reason its illegal is because they can not make money off of a plant...the Drug Administration is the highest grossing administration in the U.S. theoretically marijuana would decrease stock value and sales of some pain killers and antidepressants....incredible eh? By the way I am a marine in the USMC...not some peace loving hippie that people generalize pot smokers too...I do understand war and why we as a country choose to go to it but not the war on marijuana...why go to war with something that can benefit the US and human life....it just doesnt make sense...you should watch this movie and show your dad this movie if he feels that way its called "THE UNION: THE BUSINESS BEHING GETTING HIGH" very interesting outlook on where our nation is headed. read this user review if youd like...

anyway hope you do some research and let me know what you think....

Guest wrote:

Well said man

Ittates that has been scientifically reported and studies support the evidence that marijuana smoke DOES NOT destroy the respiratory system.

I would be the last person to oppose smoking weed, but everyone that stands for it should be knowledgeable on the topic... Smoking damn near anything can be harmful to your health. Smoke contains the element carbon (C), which is detrimental to the lungs, more specifically, the alveoli (which are the tiny sacs that actually receive the oxygen). Smoking papers (joint, 'rillo, etc.) is even worse as the paper itself contains tar (that black gooey stuff they warn you about in cigarettes). Not to mention, smoking is an inefficient way to intake THC. It is estimated that when smoked, whether it be a pipe or paper, about 40 to 55 percent of the THC is actually received by the brain. There are much healthier alternatives to smoking, such as a vaporizer or edibles. 

pot doesn't destroy the respiratory system. a 20 year study published in the journal of american medicine concluded it INCREASE lung function. which is common sense, since it is the worlds strongest natural expectorant.

Yes....very well said indeed.

I have MS and I get severe spasms that are crippling in my face and neck. My neurologist said that he didn't have the legal authority to prescribe it to me. He gave me baclofen instead and it made me very sick. My pharmacist told me that doctors are scared to death to prescribe it. What exactly leads you to believe that marinol can be legally prescribed for in any qualifying situation such as MS?

I approve of this message.

i agree with you,my son is very ill,we live in georgia,they wont allow him marijuana, he has seizures,kydney disease,i.b.s,gird,and depression,he is 20. he just got put on probation for .04 of a gram by a conservative republican judge,who told him if he wanted to go live it up and party on to move to Colorado,this judge laughed at us when we told him it was for medicinal use only,to stimulate appetite and ,get rid of nausea,he said theres no one in this court room that believes that garbage,but people hollard out and clapped for us,any way im having to watch my son slowly and sufferingly die,why cant we choose our medicines,why does our government have a say so especially in this modern day in time. there killing alot of us,this case needs to be taken to supreme court in Washington and we need marijuana legalized for medical use in georgia and fast before too many suffer slow painful suffering deaths. its in humaine,i am pissed and at my witts end. we paid 3500 to a lawyer who said just quit. he did nothing for us,found out judge owns probation office,wow what a conflict of interest,and all at the cost of my sons health,and my purse.,we in georgia are coming to a boiling point on this marijuana issue,especially when it comes to our childrens healthcare options,or should i say lack of. do u have any advise for us sir,oh and thanks for serving our country

we live in georgia,does anyone know a doctor who can priscribe marinol,cbd ,canabas oils for nausea ,appitite ,i.b.s,gird

Where is there a clinic that prescribes maranol in los Angeles

Tha kfully my soms team of drs are understandingvhe has ckd and some otjer iasues and tbey prescribed him merinol and it helps witj so many things

I've caught chronic emphysema... I'm 26. Tree smoker. And it's not okay... Take edibles or pill. They're are better ways don't chance it. Surgery for new lungs are 750,000$. I do not have that money. And being winded and lungs are inflexible is embarrassing, I feel I miss smoking but my daily breathes shorten and it's scary af,more so when I go to sleep. Just sharing. Be smarter.