How do you get insurance to cover?

I am having the same problem.. did you ever get it covered ???

When whoever initially stated that people just show up & get their meth, that is true as some others have stated. It was a loosely stated observation I believe? Idk what the big issue with that statement is? It's the fact of the matter. A client goes to the program either everyday, once, twice or three times a week to dose. That's it, in & out. There are a few other requirements, urine testing & mandatory counseling are pretty much it? The time that a client needs to spend with his/her counselor varies depending on what privileges they have, just like how many times they are required to report a week. It's all based on the client's compliance with 'the rules'.

Will you help me also? I'm in WV and we have blue cross blue shield/fed. It's such a strain on us, 450./mo. I go for chronic pain, I've never used any drug not prescribed, and because of the scare about pain med. It's all i have to help. Its craxy because i used to b pay 10. for the same medicine. It's humiliating also i can't get any pain relief from er or hosp because i get my med from clinic. Im so stressed, depressed, and c in pain, about to give in. Have a great day! Terri

Thank you! I’ve been in recovery for 8+ years and I never feel euphoric however I never feel withdrawal and I have my life back!! I’m so tired of the stigma we face daily, I don’t even tell ppl I’m in treatment bc I’ve encountered so much negativity over the years.

Medicaid pays for it

please contact me I really would love to talk to you about my similar situation thank you -brandi

I go to a clinic too and they were trying not to give me a ledger of my bills that I have paid their but you got to keep all your receipts please keep all your receipts and go to the top person that works there they will make the financial person copy a ledger for you I did it and they had to do it for me but I also have all my receipts I have PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield also

hello I'm trying to get reimbursed by the methadone clinic in Florida I have Florida Blue but they need the right procedure codes and the ones that the clinic gave me are for Medicaid and Medicare and I am a private pay so I pay $98 a week so I'm trying to get the codes if they start with an H or t blue Florida Blue said the wrong.

I had a hard time getting a ledger also. but they finally gave to me . now I need the right procedures codes lol I'm going to go nuts by it's always something FL. blue needs .

I just found out my blue cross blue shield which is my primary insurance, won't pay for my Daily methadone, now my secondary which is Medicaid WV, was until they noticed my blue cross blue shield ad my primary. I have changed my life. Haven't used drugs and built some trust back with broken relationships and now I can't pay for my methadone and im scared to death..im sitting here crying my eyes out because I know where my life is headed.

Yes, in Alabama (Birmingham area) they do accept medicaid. Two years ago BCBS gave me 120 a month. I haven't filed this year but call BCBS they are very nice and told me exactly what to do. Back then you filed it under major medical. You have to have paid the maximum out of pocket on your Insurance. Mine is 600 which I got done quickly. I'm hoping for 50-100% but 120 a month would still be good. Best thing to do is call you insurance policy holder. Don't be scared and be nice on the phone. You get Beyer results if you act really stupid and talk about what a great help they are and how you know they ate so busy. Apologize for taking shop long and you will very better results. If you say YA'll need to pay me what you owe me. ..you will be calling back ALOT.

Thank you SO much for posting all the info for filing with BCBS! I've always paid out of pocket because I never thought my ins would ever even consider reimbursing me. It cost me over $400 a month which isn't to bad considering your getting all your meds plus counseling, etc. Only recently I overheard someone at my clinic talking about their ins reimbursing them for their costs so I immediately started the process through BCBS. I've been working on this for over a month. All the info you posted has been a godsend! Thanks again :-)

I heard thru my methadone program that it is getting closer for BC BS to cover methadone treatment.

Hi! Read your answer post. I go to a methadone clinic. Metro treatment center wichita ks. Once a month i see my counselor for 30 minutes minimally. I am dosed by an r.n. and get lab and physicals by an r.n. i have premiere insurance for health For 16 months. Any advice on filing with insurance? Thanks for your time and understanding, Ginny 

_removed_