Hi!! About a day ago i find out that i tested positive from Chlamydia, I immediatly went to the clinic and got treated for it, was prescribed 2 tablets of Azithromycin. Most of the itching and pain while urinating has stopped but it hasnt stopped completely. I'm anxious and i dont want to have it anymore. How long does it take for Azithromycin to cure it completely?

Please help!

Thank you so much.xoxo!

Hey um I have the same problem and it doesnt wana go away you should just go back to the clinic, I undastand you it is a horribly pain and quit emberessing =(

I know that half-life of Azithromycin is 68 hours. So one day is not enough for your body to heal the hole thing. BUt if you are not satisfied with the pill you should go to the doctor and ask if there is possible some other way.

Guest wrote:

Hi there, I'm sure that it's frustrating for you to deal with but have you been to a doctor about your issue as well? I would like to know because it sounds like it is quite uncomfortable. Let me know what you've decided to do, okay? THanks!

It should go away in 7 days after treatment;then go to the doctor whenever they recommended you to come in.

it takes 1 week so be 100% affective; you cannot have sex for this week as it hasn't all gone. And get tested again 3 months later to be sure you haven't caught it back off your partener.

I had some beers the day before I started treatment, does anyone know if alcohol and antibiotics do mix and will that have negative effect on my treatment?

I took the pill monday they gave me 4..i really dont notice any changes..maybe it takes more than 3-4 days. everyones different so it will only tell time

Guest wrote:

I had some beers the day before I started treatment, does anyone know if that will have negative effect on my treatment?

Alcohol does not affect the antibiotics used to treat you, so no negative effect

I heard with in one week it should be able to cure yourself, but I have a question, AS WELL...CAN ANYBODY ANSWER PLEASE.... I'm scared I know you guys know how it feels but I'm scared all stay scard in my inside of my vagina? Will the treatment as well take care of that...

I took 4 pills for this a week ago, but im still discharging a brown color.....any help on this.....and it still stings a bit when i pee.....

That could be another STD like Gonorrhea - its also possible that the Azythromycin 1gram (guessing that is what you took) did not work for you and you need to be treated with another regiment of antibiotics - like Doxicycline 100mg 2 times a day -7 days. Bottom line is you will NEVER know anything until you get tested. 

anonymous wrote:

That could be another STD like Gonorrhea - its also possible that the Azythromycin 1gram (guessing that is what you took) did not work for you and you need to be treated with another regiment of antibiotics - like Doxicycline 100mg 2 times a day -7 days. Bottom line is you will NEVER know anything until you get tested. I recommend everyone who has been infected with an STD to get some Psychological help as well (REALLY) as to why you are having unprotected sex. Why risk your own life for a little bit of fun - you will eventually catch something more serious that will be life threatening. Get some help!!!!

Telling people to get psychological help is stupid-how are people supposed to concieve if they are to have unprotected sex like you advise them too? Accidents DO happen, and at least these people are getting treated for it. If both partners are STD free and the female is on something like the contraceptive pill or depo provera, what is the problem with them having unprotected sex? They don't need psychological help for that.
& in reply to the question, you should not have sex for a week after taking the tablet as it takes a week to completely get rid of the infection.

Ive taken azithromycin (2 500mg" tablets) twice. Frirst lot 2 weeks ago and i took the second lot yesterday.. and im really seeing no difference. I dont have any uncomfortable-ness apart from a lot of vaginal discharge.. im starting to worry its something else

Code:

:oops: Omg me and my partner actually did and I did get scared about side affects as well...