Hey guys! I’m on day 4 and thought the throat and ear pain is unpleasant, the constipation from my pain meds it much worse. I developed a hemroid today which adds to my overall discomfort. My suggestion is to drink lotsa of water and tea and eat noodle soup. Grab a laxative as well to aid with the constipation that comes with pain killers.

My daughter is 17 and she had her tonsils out like two weeks ago... She is doing well... She can talk and her throat is almost clear... She still has some pain and swelling and her throat itches like crazy... She still watches what she eats... You will get through it... I will be praying for you....

I agree with everyone 100%. I just got my tonsils out 5 days ago, but I’m already experiencing some major pain, although I’m 16, much younger the pain is real. When my dad pressures me to drink water or eat something, I tell him I can’t and he gets mad, same with my sister. Although they try to buy me new foods and new ways to eat or drink, it just doesn’t work, and I don’t want them to waste money on stuff I’m unable to try. I really hope the pain subsides soon, although I know I still got a long way.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks out from my surgery. I am almost 52 years old and, yes, it was pull he*l!!! I'm sorry I waited so long too but now starting to feel much better. It is still a weird feeling but the pain is gone. I am sure you are better now since you wrote a year ago, but you must agree, better than never right? :-)

What did they give you for pain control

I'm 38 and had my tonsils removed a little over 2 weeks ago. The pain was basically unbearable the 1st week . I woke up every 2 hours to take take either Advil or Percocet. It hurt to swallow water. It still hurts some but I'm went back to work after 9 days if rest. I'm still tired and have throat pain first thing in the morning and at night. I'm a mouth breather at night ( not on purpose) so I think that dries my throat out which makes it painful. Also allergies don't help. I sneezed on the 10th day , and it nearly killed me ( not really but it hurt, and I had just yelled at my eldest son which definitely was not a good idea. ) Lol I'm feeling much better though and know that in the end it was worth it. I think

I’m 19 and just got my tonsils out 3 days ago. The back of my throat is covered in a greenish black mucus color. The pain is not as bad as I thought! The pain I used to get from strep was way worse than this. It helps to drink a lot as that keeps your throat moist and lessens the pain