Hi, I can’t say that I’ve figured it out, but I will tell you that I had 2 MRIs 6 months apart to see if there was anything wrong in my brain. There was nothing unusual in either one. They were also concerned that maybe I was having seizures, but found no evidence of that. One doc from Mayo Clinic said it’s a migraine aura. Some people can get auras without the headache. So basically, their answer is that it’s nothing. It’s frustrating because sometimes I smell it for days and days and it’s really awful.

I think it is linked to hormones. Throughout my life I have smelt odd smells that no one could. Now I am menapausal I regularly smell smoke, approx 4 days a month. I am learning to live with it. Looking on the Internet with these symptoms is not helpful.

Meant to say I was a long term migraine sufferer too.

I have the same problem, it seems there is no relief. Sometimes I pull the blanket up over my nose and i cannot smell the smoke anymore, this kind of works.

Me too! I’ve been on Phetermine a month now and keep smelling smoke- it’s killing me!

Thats a made up tv show......wow

you may be smelling something more sinister....research geoengineering or stratosphere injection. I smell different chemicals ALL THE TIME. Use purifiers, big, strong ones.!

Are you taking any medication ?

I think it’s a side effect to a medication that I was taking since I only noticed it then. Could be coincidental, I also am a migraine sufferer post menopausal and allergy sufferer so who knows

I don’t smoke or drink alcohol. I’m a 48 male in good health, according to my last physical. I smell smoke all the time but forgot to mention it to my doctor. I looked on line to learn more about it.
This week I went to the dentist and he noticed a lump on my tongue. I thought it was a swollen taste bud. He sent me to an oral surgeon with a next day appointment. They cut a piece of my tongue off and sent it for biopsy.
Both the lump on my tongue and the smell of smoke are symptoms of a possible brain tumor.
I have an appointment with my doctor next month. If the biopsy is negative for cancer then the next test is for a brain tumor.

I have had this usually after a Upper Respiratory Infection or Virus/Cold,
I usually Smell it wherever I go.