it's anxiety/depression I'm 16 and I feel like this all time sometimes I can't even get out of bed

Hiya - just reading this now - look up depersonalisation/derealisation. It sounds similar to what you described. It's not serious, but it sucks! It can be caused by lots of things, and can last various lengths of time - hope this helps :-)

That's pretty much as close as what I go through. Like even the emotional attachment to a person or to someone else talking.

i know this was written about a year ago.. but i really want to ask about u now. Can u pls explain the dreamlike state more.. i have been feeling almost all the same things you have experienced. The difference is: I have never smoked ANYTHING in my life. I don't smoke, or even drink. All i take are these anti-depressants anxiety pills that i have been taking for over 5 years now, so i don't think they are the problem either. Im so afraid. Ive always felt so alone, like no one understood me. People never felt what i feel. When i tell them that i keep feeling like I'm not part of real life, and that i feel like my life is a figment of my imagination, they just shrug it off. Them no acknowledging my problem scares me even more. Like everyone is an actor and my life is a play. Everyone is in on it against me. it scares me so much and panic attacks have been such a regular part of my life that i don't feel anything anymore. Please, if u are still there. Tell me I'm not alone.

Feel that way now.. I feel like Im trapped in my own mind and like many of you said like in a constant dream or coma. Its been going on for about 2 years now but recently its gotten to the point where I cant take it. I cant live my life I cant even feel emotions or anything I just feel like everything is fake. I dont have depression or anything like that and I dont think this has to do with sleep... I just want to feel free again. I want to feel everything both pain and happiness again. I feel like as time goes by I just fall deeper and deeper into this feeling and its only getting worse.

Hey are you able to tell me what the doctors did or if anything changed after you went back?

I'm 30 male been this way as long as I can remember. It never goes away and feels worse when alone

Hi there. 'I did' experience suffering many years with the same thing. It started when I was 15, and it used to terrify me. Prior to this, I suffered with Alice in wonderland syndrome, night terrors, I still sleepwalk now, however.... with age, I learned how to control it. Stress, anxiety, depression, they are the main causes. I am a very confidant person, always have been, it effects all walks of life in the Western world. Still speak to your GP, do not be embarrassed, there are a lot of people out there like you. Don't be afraid of it either. I promise you, it will get better.
Don't forget to make that appointment with your GP.

My names Alex and I'm a twenty one year old female. I've been struggling with this feeling of 'not being here' on and off since I was about fourteen. My mother had the same issue and she calls it 'the hormones' meaning it comes about due to puberty and will eventually fade but never really go away. My doctor says it's a symptom of anxiety. She has put me on zoloft and it helps but not entirely. I'm really relieved to see I'm not alone but I'm not sure how to cope with this. I live on my own with a loving husband and puppy and maintain a full time job at a hospital. But even though I should be happy this feeling makes it hard to focus on anything else. I notice this thread died about a year ago so I know I'm late but has anyone been able to shed any light on the situation? Part of me hopes it's just a different brain chemistry some people have and it's not like a sign of a serious mental illness.

I feel the same way I'm 16 I've felt like this for a few years it comes and goes but lately it has been getting worst, it's starting to scare me but not sure what to do

I have the same thing like I know everyone I know were I’m at and stuff
But like I’m in the back of my head feel like I’m not there but I am like it my body moves forward but my brain hasn’t catches up kinda like it’s hard to explain but that’s wat I feel and btw I’m 14 almost 15

I'm female, 33 and I've had this feeling since my early teens. It goes away for a while, then comes back. Sometimes it is really bad, like I am severely intoxicated, sometimes it is mild, almost feeling like a deep state of relaxation, one can experience after a good yoga or meditation session, minus the actual relaxation.
I've been battling depression since pretty much the same age and am just getting over my worst bout so far. Somewhere along the line I got myself into a situation that left me with mild PTSD, which devolved into anxiety. I've also had an eating disorder from my late teens to early twenties, which I feel I've fully recovered from by now. Although I do still go through occasional periods of fasting for several days at a time when I feel very low, I've read that is normal for people like myself. I've just started a uni degree and found myself struggling with the new, less structured daily routine, that this change brought about. So obviously, anxiety levels are high right now, but this feeling of being in a daze is what annoys me the most. I have not had an occurrence that lasted longer than a day of two for years now, but since end of December it has pretty much been a constant and I am frantically searching for clues as to what could have triggered it. Nothing much changed in regards to my eating or sleeping habits or exercise, only thing I can think of is I've had a month off from uni now, so been resting more than usual, but that does not seem like a reason to become detached from reality...

I felt like I was in a dream and found out there is a gut brain link, where in my case gluten is the cause. To reverse this feeling initially I took niacinamide, taurine, glycine, 5-HTP five times a day and by nightfall I felt normal again. Now I just totally avoid gluten but still take the taurine and niacinamide at least once a day since it is really healthy for the brain and calming. You may have same problem with gluten as it can cause all kinds of psychological disorders ranging from depression to psychosis and catatonia.