I am in a long term monogamous relationship. My bc method is the pill. Last night my boyfriend and I had anal sex without a condom. Immediately after we had vaginal sex without a condom, with no clean-up in between. I know this is incredibly stupid. What do I do now? Is there a way to clean things up inside? Should I go to the doctor? What can happen to me? I'm very scared. Should I talk to him about what happened? :'(

The pill is only 99% effective, although vomiting, diarrhoea and a course of certain antibiotics can reduce the pill's effectiveness. Also you should not have vaginal sex after anal sex without cleaning the male's penis or changing condoms as bacteria from the anus can cause infections in the vagina.

i did the same thing last october and wound up with a urinary tract infection by the next day. i've had them before so it wasn't a big deal, but it's not pleasant and you have to get antibiotics from a doctor to cure it -- and it is so annoying! hopefully that's the worst-case scenario. be sure to use a condom next time during anal and immediately take it off when your'e done and before his penis touches any other part of you!

I'm not clear on what you're trying to tell us. Which came first, the vaginal sex or the anal sex.

As you have heard above, the bacteria in the anal canal should never be introduced into the vagina. Wear a condom and dispose of it before switching to any other form of simulation.

If you meant to say that the vaginal sex happened first, and then proceeded to the anus, the concern is less... but use of a condom is still recommended.

In short, the advice others have given you above is accurate and important.

As for the symptoms of a cross-infection... probably just as before, a urinary tract infection is one possibility. Odor, discharge, inflamation... all of these are classic signs of a problem.

If anything abnormal is observed, especially pain, fever or anything that would indicate a major infection... go immediately to your doctor for treatment.

Good luck.

You may have been lucky this time, but don't continue the practice of unprotected sex, or switching openings without changing condoms.

As for talking with your Boyfriend, YES, discuss this with him BEFORE you get romantic with him again. You need to make sure that he understands the risks with doing this and that he will respect your wishes NOT to run this sequence again. If he cares for you, he'll listen and make sure not to do it again.

Guest wrote:

i did exactly the same thing! what are the normal side-effects after having anal sex for the first time? because i have noticed a number of things that have changed since the first time i had anal sex. im also extremely concerned about vaginal infections as me and my partner made the exact same stupid mistake! are there any symptons? anyone got any answers?

You will more than likely get an UTI, the symptoms are burning when urinating with a fowl odor, you will need a antibiotic for sure.

not only are UTI's a possibility from having anal - vaginal sex. but your also able to get PID (pelvic inflammitory disease). And that can lead to sever problems.

well, I did (or my stupid bf did, cuz I was drunk) it last weekend and two days later I got UTI. It was so painful to pee everytime, thank god it's better now with some treatment. Please avoid doing this unless you change the condom, or doing it without condom during anal. It may cause even more serious consequences..

My bf and I also made this mistake. I got Bacteria Vaginosis from it.  I thought it was a UTI but symptoms only went away for a couple of weeks after taking the antibiotics.  Then because he didn't get treated it came back months later.  It's a lot of hassle but I am so glad it's over with.

I did the same thing I thought it was a UTI but I has strange order and yellow discharge and went to the doctor. The doctor said I had some type of infection but the test would take a few days. THe doctor gave me some medications that treats all STDS. My partner got scared because He stated he was clean and I was clean prior to this. But I found out when the test came back that having anual sex and then viginial sex with out proper cleaness was the problem. It is so not cool. I learned a lesson, that was costly. Thank you it wasn't something worest.

There is a way by using a vagina douche they squirt them and they clean your insides

well, i find it absolutely amazingly sexy if i am not sure where my hsband is going next, vgege or bottom, and i trust him not to do that at all if after anal penetration he finds traces of feces...so we have had sex where he goes i anally, then vaginally, and i was fine after it.and sometimes i'd get an infection from just having vaginal sex...so i don't think the vigina is so sensitive as to ot being able to deal with some "ecoli risky sey" but then again maybe i'm wrog and it's better to be safe....personally, i'll take a little urinarry track infection after making love to my man in reckless abandon, rather than stay inhibited coz i'm afrad of a little infection..

I just came back from the emergency room. I was peeing blood and was having a ton of pressure to pee but couldn't. Found out that I have a UTI. Like you my boyfriend and I went from anal straight to vaginal sex. The dumbest thing I could've ever done. I am in so much pain and can't get any sleep. My advice to you is wear a Vinson during anal and then remove it before vaginal intercourse.

I did the same stupid thing a few days ago with my bf. As long as you're not suseptible to infections such a VB, UTI or bladder/kidney infections, a one off should be ok. However, my recommendation is:

1) Go to boots/ pharmacy and buy some "balance active", they're little tube of cream you insert which cures and prevents VB. Cost about £8 and will solve that problem.

2) Have a few glasses of pure cranberry (no sugar) juice, as this is proven to significantly lower risks of UTI and bladder infections, as well as help cure them. 

If you notice any problems in the next few weeks, bite the (shameful) bullet and go to the doctor, but you should be absolutely fine.

Lesson learnt! 

I'm very worried as my boyfriend and I have anal and then vaginal intercourse yesterday night. This afternoon I have been experiencing a sort of aching/tight almost cramp-like feeling in my lower area. I also feel like I need to pee and when I do the stream is very weak. I have no burning feeling when urinating and there is no foul odour or blood or anything so I don't know if it could still be a UTI. I am young though, so this is not something I can tell my doctor. Any ideas?

Should i tell you fast acting and most efficient remedy ?