It’s illotibial band friction syndrome!

This sounds exactly what I have. The same thing happens when I kneel on the bed.

Any luck in coming up with a remedy for this? I have a similar issue.

Well I can add my name to the list of this issue. For a while, I would be very anxious about having to kneel down because of the pain. It felt like my skin wasn't 'stretchy' enough and that it would tear.

But recently, my knees haven't had this problem, but, one of my knuckles on my hand does.

Very weird. I know there are things you can take for joint issues, but this really seems to be a skin to tight issue.

I have just started having the same issue....like a hot poker

I have the same feeling in the skin of my knees. No one has an answer here?

I don't know Judy, but I have EXACTLY the same symptoms, started after I bumped my knee on something with a pain that felt like hitting your "funny bone." It has to be some sort of neuropathy, nerve irritation. Keep hoping it will get better, but still the same. Only have pain when I kneel down and put knee on the floor. Horrible burning pain, but only lasts about 5 minutes.

I had the same pain -- and then is slowly dissipated after about 3 months. Good luck!

Sounds like bursitis.

Gin

Did you ever figure out what that is? I have the same thing and I have no idea what it is. I never injured myself

i just tried what you said about poking around below the patella, and i found the spot that causes searing pain too! i relate almost word for word to your story about. any luck finding relief or help for this?

You have exactly what I'm experiencing. Feels like the skin on the side of my knee is being torn apart when I kneel. Only right knee. Directly to the right of the kneecap. It's brutal.

This is exactly what I am experiencing. Did you ever find out what it was?

I recently started having this same sensation in the left knee and that is exactly how I described it -- like a scab being pulled off! I am looking for a diagnosis and solution as well. I walk a lot and don't want it to become an issue down the line. I started taking turmecic curcumin to see if that will help since it has antioxident properties for joints.

Me too same pain.