This method really works although I started with a fresh bottle of Afrin. Every week I topped off the bottle with saline. At the end of 4 weeks I had no rebound or withdrawal symptoms. I will never use Afrin again!

Amazing!!! it worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice.

I'm on nasonex which is pretty much the same thing so far it's not helping I don't know what I'm doing wrong you said you used the again and the steroid spray do you use it after the afrin please tell me it's driving me nuts 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Nasonex is a steroid nasal spray and works completely differently from afrin. I personally was addicted to afrin and used a natural nasal spray that has cumin and cinammon and it worked great. Wasn't sure at first but after a slow start it has helped me kick my seven year afrin habit.

I love this idea - I'll be giving it a try

I battle this Afrin problem for a long time and I couldn't find anything that really works..... I simply couldn't breathe thru my nose properly.
Yesterday when I was watching a documentary about cancer I saw the antinflamatory properties of frankincense essential oil I was very scheptikal but going to whole foods anyway I decided to give it a try ....... And miracle happen after I apply it around my nose and inside of my nose for many times during a few hours period the congestion disappear and I was able to sleep the whole night ... Today is incredible much better and I can't believe that just a simple essential oil really resolve this problem for me after I tried the doctor recommended steroid spray that didn't work and I think it make it worst.

Find a good treatment for nasal spray addiction is an invention dating back over 100 years. It is called Alkalol, a nasal wash consisting of many natural oils that acts as a solvent ridding the nasal cavities of congestion. I use it in a positive pressure nasal washing device a all need for drugs like Afrin are not needed. Using on a regular basis, with zero side effects actually prevents allergies and infections by keeping the nasal passages clean and healthy.

I have been using nasal sprays since high school for allergies in fall. For the first few years its was spotty usage only when needed. In my thirties it became for frequent to the point I was a month ago of massive usage. I was getting sinus infections and other respiratory issues frequently. I also had developed anxiety, heart palpitations and frequent nose bleeds. I have been off it for over a month about a month and 5 days. All of my health problems have disappeared except my stuffy nose. I get a few moments of clarity randomly and its amazing the smells of the world are just magical. But I fear I will now always bee stuffy. I am jealous of the people that go a week or two and are clear. I did not see any stories on here of people that have gone longer than a month stuffy and found clarity. Its not 100% stuffy its usually just one nostril and it moves from left to right throughout the day. Other than saline I refuse to use another drug. But if 5 months passes and its the same I will have to see a doctor.

how long did it take for the dilution method to work ?

Hi I've been off and on afrin for about 7 years. I need help asap. I have one with me everywhere I go and my moms getting tired of buying it for me. It's like apart of me and I can't let it go:// afrin is taking over my life and it's not cool. Plz give me some good tips to get off of it. I've tried cold turkeying it but hellzzzz no it's no fun. Plz help.
-concerned afrin addict

I got off Afrin by diluting it with distilled water over time. Started with an 80/20 Afrin/H2O solution, then 50/50, 25/75, and finally just a drop or 2 of Afrin in a full nasal bottle of H20. Took about 3 months to get off of a 3 year addiction, but it worked, and I'll never go back.

I just read this. Does the otc flonase work or just prescribed?

How do you get the Afrin bottle open to mix the Saline in it?

Perdizone is atleast better than major surgery of my nose...i have conflict on this with you bro.

Thank you, I’m going to see if I can get some for myself. Going to call the number you posted.