This is such a frusterating condition. My husband has had it for 15 years. At first, it was irritating but not debilitating. Yes, he would get the blood on the pillow, itchiness, etc, but his hair was so thick that he could mask it and stop the itchiness by taking Zyrtec daily and using a topic steroid for breakouts.

After a stressful year, he has had a horrible outbreak that we don't know what to do about. I would estimate 60-70 percent of his head is impacted, and it seems like he loses more hair everyday. We have tried doxycycline, bactrim, Cephalexin, Eythromicin, and are waiting on another biopsy result for the next medication. In terms of natural remedies, we have tried olive oil, tee tree, probiotics, diet changes, anti bacterial shampoos and even washing with Hibiclens--an anti staph soap when things got bad. I'm hoping to come back and update after the medication from the next biopsy works and tell you all about the magic cure, but I'm not feeling very hopeful. We definitely need more research on it. So with that in mind, what do you guys do to mask the damage besides a hat? The redness and hair loss is very noticeable. He is embarrassed to go to work and places like church where people sit and stare at the back of his head...places where wearing a hat isn't as socially acceptable.

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that your husband has this - I too have FD so can 100% relate to the feeling of embarrassment in social situations because of the state of my head. I shaved my head a year ago and feel that it makes it less noticeable and have used makeup to some degree to try an hid the scarring. Although this has helped, I still find going to work very stressful because of my scalp and have just started counselling to try and come to terms with the condition. I find that stress, sugar, egg and dairy all aggregate the condition and cutting these from my diet has helped. I hope you and your husband find some relief from this, the impact this has had on my confidence and quality of life has been significant. Hang in there and best wishes

Used it daily for how many days?

how many laser treatments have you had? do the white heads still appear??

How did u get rid of your fd