That sounds very similar to mine ... the first time especially where there was a dream I was trying to recall. Subsequent times felt like I had had the same dream, or similar things, key points happen throughout the dream and 'de ja vu' period. I am currently scheduled (on the public system, so it may take some time) to see a neurologist. No panic required, it probably isn't something physical, but my doctor does not see me as a depressed or overly anxious person that could be causing this, so we need to check.

I have not heard of cardio disprin. Thanks for the heads up about that.

Me too. I have simple partial seizures. Which means I am aware of them and awake. But I also have a lot of anxiety and they feed of each other. I hate it.

I really want to know if I am experiencing the same thing. Randomly I feel the same way but it happens 5 or 6 times a day. Sometimes skip a few days but it even happens in my sleep. I get a small feeling of deja Vu, then I feel sick and it gets heavier, my body temperature seems to go up as I get hot in my face and start to sweat. I can feel my heart beating in my chest without touching it. While saying in my head, "why? Just go away why does this have to happen to me?" I can't talk, I sometimes have to force my chest to move so I can breathe because I realize I've held my breath for no reason. Then after about 10 to 20 seconds it starts to subside and i start to feel really sick and I lay down while still feeling my heart beat through my bed. It scares me but everytime I've explained myself, no one understood.

BrownCow speaking: Are you able to tell when you are more likely to have the seizures. Immediately after being diagnosed I was put on Keppra. I have not had any episodes but it would be nice to understand the episodes more and he aware of when im more likely to have one. My neuro is considering weining me off my medication after a year but im a little nervous because i also dont want any further memory issues

I am a 53 yo woman in good health. I have had these episodes off and on since I was in my early 30’s with no obvious reason for them. I can get them late at night (once in Vegas just playing slots) or I can be woken up in the middle of the night with them. I usually always can tell they are coming on. There is an image and almost the same time, a rising, warm sensation in my stomach. About 12 years ago, I was getting ready for work and it came on but I didn’t have time to sit and rest through it, and I fainted and fractured the occipital bone in my head and was rushed in ambulance to ER when my son found me bleeding. I had bleeding on the brain and they had me hooked up to all the different monitors and could see the second the episode would start (I was getting them still while at hospital). They would say is it starting I would say yes and they could see my heart rate rise but my blood pressure dropped harmfully low. The episodes subsided but I had stay in hospital for 5 days for the other injuries. They ran every known test and found nothing. To this day I still get them randomly (always multiple in a day) but sometimes a year or more in between. I know if I lay back down, and fall back to sleep (deep sleep) they go away. I honestly worry every time I get them that it’s bad and the sense of trying to figure out what I’m seeing at the time is debilitating almost. No matter how hard I try, I don’t remember but I know at the time, the image, the people, the smells, they are so familiar.

This has happened to me on 2 separate occasions and about 10 years apart. It happens several times all throughout the day. I cant figure out if anything triggers it but its awful. I am glad to know others experience it. When I tell anyone about it, no one understands.

That is exactly what i have all the time

BrownCow here. Recently went to my follow up appointment w my neurologist. He gave me another prescription for Keppra which I have been on for 9mo. I took a blood test prior to the dr visit and my blood panel looks good (so no adverse effects from the medicine). I have done well on Keppra: no mood swings, no long lasting side effects, and no deja vu episodes (seizures). So everything has been kind of just normal. Still having slight memory issues but thats about it. Im switching insurance so I hope my new neurologist will be just as good (im a little scared the new neurologist will say Nope I Disagree nothings wrong with you) which I doubt will happen.

I am 16 years old and I had an episode yesterday quite similar to all of these stories. It began as deja vu as my brother was driving home, and I started to have a panic attack. I have been diagnosed with a panic disorder and I frequently have panic attacks where I experience derealization and my senses kind of diminish. It is one of the scariest things in the world. What happened yesterday was something that I have never experienced, and I was so frightened. Back to the episode, it started with deja vu. But it felt so real and I could have sworn I had gone through it before, which made me start to panic. I was nauseous, and I had a lot of difficulty swallowing. My head was moving so quickly trying to find out where we or when I had this memory or dream. I started to remember so many things from my past, such as dreams I have had to things I said when I was 10. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down, and all of the muscles in my body were tensed up. I was gripping onto the seatbelt for dear life, and I tried to count down from 100. Nothing was working. I tried to sit up and look around and I knew where I was and who I was with, but there was a lot of things that weren’t clicking in my head. This lasted for about 7 hours, and I was so hot. I turned on a fan and tried to sleep, because that’s usually how my episodes go away. I couldn’t sleep and I could hardly move. I have chronic migraines, auras to migraines, and panic attacks, and i’ve had EEGs and MRIs that have determined nothing. My brain just feels fried and I feel sick.

New Member

OK - so some days I have nothing, can go on for weeks then other days I have small manageable 'episodes' all day long, leaving me feeling weird and a little spacey i.e. I get a strange sensation all over my body, I get the deja-vu/dream remembering for less then a minute then it's gone.

Other days I have 1-6 big episodes lasting a few minutes, which have me feeling vulnerable and ... not myself.  They are actually getting to be kind of scary.  Not what I remember or think of when they are happening, just the fact that they happen and I can't control them.  Sometimes at work, sometimes when I am driving (i usually pull over) sometimes when I am just at home at no particular time.  It's really hard for me to try and work out any triggers or what I am doing when they happen, as kind of similar to fainting, I don't really remember much afterwards.  I certainly can't remember what I was thinking during it, or what I was thinking or doing before it hit.  

I have been to the doctors, and have a referral to a neurologist, given to me in May or June I believe, with a 4 month wait ... I don't know if I can keep managing this, and work, kids, home life and full time study.  

New Member
So I have an appointment at the Neurologist in 3 weeks, but I went to the doctors again today as this is getting to the point where I cannot work or study.

He has said it could be a type of Migraine, and has put me on Toprimate. Just a low dosage 25mg every night, as a preventative. I am really hoping that this helps as it's getting unbearable. If after a week it isn't improving or isn't improving enough, then I am to up it to 50mg (2 tablets).

This feels like progress to me, which is great, as I used to have migraines when I was younger, but they stopped when I got pregnant with my first daughter, and I did used to hallucinate, get nausea, and hear things, but the difference was then I had literally blinding headaches and photo sensitivity. With getting older, this could just be another hormonal change, like when I got pregnant and be presenting itself this way.

I think personally that this is causing my anxiety, not that anxiety is the cause of my issues.

Hopefully this might help someone else. Will update after my appointment with the neurologist.

QSJenna

BrownCow here: good thing u get to see a nuero. Hope they help you find some peace whether its migraines or seizures