Yup - partial complex seizures, same as focal aware epilepsy ... sounds the same as mine.

I have brought my daughter to a new pediatrician who then referred her to a new neurologist. She was losing weight rapidly even though she was eating all the time. They have scheduled a week long video monitoring for epilepsy in December. We have done these before but this is a new hospital with more sensitive equipment. We are hoping that they can eventually get a diagnosis. The current thought is chronic migraines or partial complex seizures. The weight loss is apparently caused by the constant neurological activity. It literally burns every calorie she eats because it is constant activity. They think that she only has one or two days a month that do not have the episodes. Meanwhile she has been put on amitriptiline, which has awful side effects including low blood sugar that means she has to eat even more.

Have you found a reason for your episodes? My daughter is being treated by two new doctors, so I am hoping for some diagnosis. Meanwhile she has started taking a birth control pill to try and prevent her hormonal swings that seem to trigger her episodes. They have helped and have reduced some of the symptoms. The full effect will not be known until the meds have been in her system for 4 to 5 months. Her episodes are very much related to her monthly cycle. She will also go into a week long monitoring for epilepsy to try and capture the episodes. Not that she hasn't done that before, but we are hoping it will catch one this time. The doctors think that her brain is in an almost constant state of "episode" and has caused her to lose a lot of weight. They think it is either constant migraine or deep inside the brain epilepsy.

I experience this same thing.... However for me it is overwhelming feelings of pleasure (contentment?)..... However if I hold on to the thought too long it will make me pass out. It is always when I recall a dream that I had in January of 2017, but I still recall the same dream, now 2 years later!!!

This exact thing has happened to me as well and it's weirdly reassuring that I'm not alone in this because I feel strange describing it to people. It happens for me when I'm in a place that I frequently am in, such as getting ready in the bathroom mirror or standing at my desk. It's intense deja vu and I get very lightheaded and nauseous. I started a diary to keep track of how often it happens for me for reference. The interesting thing is that I moved a year ago and haven't had it since. It will be interesting to see if it starts to happen again once I've been in my new house long enough.

Browncow here: i saw a new neurologist (switched to a new insurance). I was already using Keppra 500mg twice a day, which is the lowest dosage. I haven’t had any side effects and I have already been on this medicine for a year. The dr decided to keep me on my medicine. She also confirmed that from my explanation of my episodes it sounds like Complex Partial Seizures. So far no episodes since September 2017 & since I started the medication.

This is amazing I was beside myself trying to explain to my wife. But ran across this thread and perfectly describes what I have experience today and numerous times In the past. But I have been unable to find a definitive answer as to the cause. Also I haven’t seen anyone mention the somewhat euphoric feeling when these episodes happen. Do any of you guys experience that euphoric feeling?
Jim
COEUR d’ALENE, Idaho

I just had an "episode" of this happen about 15 minutes ago. I too have a difficult time describing the feeling(s) that come over me and the intense sensations that come over my body. I was just setting the lights on my Christmas tree and got the euphoric feeling. Very troubling and scary. This happens to me almost daily lately, but has been happening for a few years and I can't figure it out. I have not spoken to a doctor about it. I just found these posts and can't believe how many others experience this. Wish it would stop and not happen again.

I too am glad that I happened on this site, when this happens to me it is almost completely overwhelming in that I can remain standing, barely, and if driving I do pull over and stop. I have experienced very real hallucinations along with the body sensations, I call it going in the rabbit hole

ME!! I feel terrible but at the same time a bit euphoric while it happens!

We went to see a new epilepsy neurologist this past fall. She felt that the symptoms were so similar to epilepsy that she insisted on a week long stay in the Hospital at the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. We went there just before Christmas. They did so many tests to stimulate an seizure. Strobe lights, hyperventilation, sleep deprivation. They stimulated a tremendous migraine instead instead. The good news is they now believe with 99% assurances that it is NOT epilepsy. Instead it is complex migraine. The doctor said it is so close to epilepsy and happens in the same places that it is really hard to tell them apart. Every symptom I have read here can apparently be caused by migraines. The bad news, they triggered her migraines so badly that she is now in a constant state of migraine. 25/7. This is called Status Migrainosus or chronic migraines. The doctor says this can go on for weeks, months or even years. We have appointments with 3 different migraine specialists, but I am waiting for months for two of them and finally an appointment next week for one. Until then she is just suffering so much. Her symptoms are:
deja vu
headache that comes and goes
dizzy
sea legs
Alice In Wonderland Syndrome
blurred vision
nausea
confusion
weakness in the arms and legs
inability to read or understand language
difficulty finding words
ice pick headaches
pain in arms & legs
swollen face
light & sound sensitivity
painful scalp
exhaustion & fatigue
There are actually more symptoms but I can't remember them all offhand. I hope this information helps others.

I am so happy to see that I am not the only one this happens to. When I describe the intense physical feeling over my body and I stop breathing while these memories of a dream state flood over me, and sweat beads up on my forehead to others, they have no idea what I am talking about. It is the strangest phenomenon and I remember this happening to me when I was as young as 10 years old. We can't all be crazy. It does happen. I spoke to my doctor about it. There are times I feel like I have crossed a space time continuum over decades, and memories of the strangest things thoughts come flooding in, and I have an intense physical feeling over my whole body, my breathing gets shallow, and it is like deja vu, but with an intense physical feeling. I am 39 years old and have dealt with this since I was a young boy off and on. Then when I try to describe it to my wife or anybody, they have no idea what I am talking about. Makes me feel like I am crazy. I am glad I am not crazy, but do not wish this for anyone. It is very strange.

I have experienced the same feelings when my blood sugars are outta wack. I am a newly diagnosed Diabetic. Low blood sugars can certainly cause you to be light headed and high blood sugars can cause something called diabetic psychosis. I sometimes get a deja vu feeling with it. It's a simple test that your doctor can preform. I never knew I was diabetic until I landed up in the hospital close to dying with a sugar over 1000.

Finding this thread of messages makes me feel better about myself. I have experienced the exact same thing. It only happens every once in a while and it is usually in the morning when I am in the shower. I have talked about this with my primary caregiver and described them as “fuzzy moments.” They are like deja vu but it is deja vu of a dream. My doctor told me it might be my blood sugar in the morning so I try drinking orange juice before getting in the shower but they still sometimes happen. My showers are also hot too hot because we experimented with the water temperature. I won’t have them for a year and then I’ll have a few in a few days.

New Member
1 post
I have exactly the same thing. Feels so weird and now they seem to be getting worse when I have them, the memory recall feels so real when I zone out, anything can seem to trigger them even when driving. Now they are at the point where I feel disorientated and sick after. Is there any suggestions of what they are?