I’ve had these episodes about 5 or 6 times in the past 10 years. The deja vu dreams are vivid. Dizziness is quite strong. I once passed out in my kitchen. My wife called 911. Emergency room Dr. diagnosis was dehydration.
I try to stay hydrated. If I feel an episode coming on I try to lie down and drink water.

Ive had these episodes for about 10 years now and worst episode was when i was fasting from both food and water for 24hrs and ended up collapsing, so hydration maybe crucial to preventing these episodes. I usually get them every couple months haven't had one since the one i mentioned though, thats just over 2 months now.

Hey did u ever find out what this is I started over a year ago I’m 31, I get these waves of what feels like Deja vu then the dizzy nauseating feeling follows sometimes with a hot head or a headache .. every time I tell anyone they look at me like I’m wired lol ..

These spells have started while I’m asleep and it wakes me up .. wish I just knew what it was

Do you know of any support groups for this? I have had this for years and I feel like this is something just under the surface waiting to come out but its extremely frightening to allow the memories to surface as each time I do I feel like a rush of blood to my extremities and then nausea after the image or memory comes. It is so scary and it makes me think something is wrong with me that I continue repressing the feeling. I just had 4 episodes over a 3 day period and they all occured while I was in the hospital visiting my Niece who was in a car accident. PLEASE - Anyone who knows what this is and how to control this or what this means contact me at iyq2bayb@ y a h o o. Thank you

I just found this page. I've had 4 episodes since last night after going a few years without.

It starts with a fragment of a memory and as I try to recall the rest of it, I have overwhelming lightheadedness along with a warm feeling like when you drink that fluid before an MRI. It feels like I'm going to pass out. I have to focus on the present to pull out of it after which I feel mentally and physically drained. Afterward I am afraid to try to remember anything!

+

New Member
1 post
My episodes start very similarly. It's like an image/memory from the past has leaked into my consciousness through some back channel and trying to retrieve it sends minute electrical impulses through that corrupted channel and wreak havoc with other things along the way.

Initially it seems inviting until the disoriented feeling overwhelms. And afterward the exhaustion and feeling of fragility is debilitating.

I have been having extremely bad deja-vu. When I was standing in the kitchen a few days ago I stopped and I remembered something that had felt so real. But when I was remembering it, it felt like I was there and it was happening in that moment. I thought it had happened before and it felt so real that I had to think for a minute and try to remember whether or not it happened. It didn't. And I have been having flashbacks of things that happened when I was six. Nothing bad but just random memories and I start to feel sick and get a really bad headache and sometimes I will start to get lightheaded.