I am 5 days post screws removal and the surgery was successful. Missdiagnosed for several months, surgery at 5 months post injury, screws in for 1 year , 5 months and 1 week. I am still recovering and I am a bit afraid that even if the ligament has healed, the keystone area may not be very reliable. I am stepping carefully as the holes left by the screws are filling in.
Chris78

Aussie Mel-
We share the same name. I too am beginning to loose hope. I am 15 months post surgery. I broke 4 Metatarsal bones, tore ligament and dislocated my foot. I had surgery straight after accident and the 3 screws were removed 7 months later. I was 3 months non weight bear, I am still using my boot as I have a lot of trouble walking still. I have an MRI and I already have moderate arthritis now from accident. I am in pain a lot I don’t sleep well at night but refuse pain killers. The side effects are not good. I am afraid that I will be stuck like this forever. I was very active loved running and now very restricted with everything I do. My foot constantly bulges out the side and ice is my best friend. I hope there are so other recovering stories out there too. This has ruined my Career my family and my life. It is very very hard. I hope you get better soon. Mel

So sorry to hear that people are still suffering so badly with their injuries - I thought it was worth posting just in case my story brings some hope for a good outcome. My injury (car accident) occurred 7 years ago and my surgeon decided to fuse my midfoot straight away (all midfoot joints fused apart from the outside one which is needed for balance). As we all know, the recovery is no fun at all, but 18 months post-fusion I was walking reasonably well and without any pain. I found that the fusion has had a great result. As long as I am diligent in wearing orthotics in my shoes I don't normally have any pain and don't notice the fusion any more (it did take some getting used to early on). If I wear the wrong shoes and walk a distance in them I will have some arthritic pain in the outside joint for a day or 2, so I just try not to wear those shoes! I remember searching online in the early stages of my injury and there weren't many positive recovery stories posted, so hope this helps to keep some hope. Thinking of you all.

It's already 3 months post screws removal and my foot, obviously it's not 100% back. When I was 14 I had a bad ankle sprain which has healed 100% after 7-8 months without surgery, just 3 weeks imobilisation. Now, I don't even know which foot was injured. But lisfranc is different.My foot has gained a little permanent swelling, it's got a different shape, especially while standing, I also lost some motion on dorsiflexion ( I had CRIF not fusion), probably some of the arch height is lost as I feel some discomfort which I think it's called lateral ankle impingement syndrome, also some pain in the lisfranc joint, but overall my foot is strong and my normal life is back, no drama. It's just the economical cost that has to be paid now. I am waiting for the claim to be sort out as it was work accident.
Chris78

Hi there Sadmelissa, I have had the surgery in August of 3018 and I’m thinking of fusion now because of the discomfort I continue to experience,
Any thoughts

Adaptie

I feel for every one of you who has gone through this. I was in a bad car accident and ended up with severe Lisfranc fractures in both of my feet. Both feet had to be surgically repaired with screws and fusion. I couldn't walk at all for ~4 months after the accident, and had to be on blood thinners and double orthopedic boots the entire time. Learning to walk again was lengthy and rough, that's for sure.
Right now is about 11 months post op. I still have pain every day, and I've recently started to have some off and on severe ankle pain. My knees are still getting used to everything too, still stiff and sore, some days more than others. My foot pain honestly ranges from dull to moderate, every day, depending on what my day is like. Walking barefoot and doing stairs are still more of a challenge, and I still have nerve damage around all the scars, and sides of my feet. They also went up about 2 shoe sizes and are a little bit deformed.
My situation was a little bit more of a grave one, unfortunately. They told me I would never be able to bend my feet, and possibly not sure if I'll be able to bend my toes to be able to pick something up off the floor either. Also looking at "at least" a year of recovery.