Wow I completely understand what u are going thru my father is to arrogant also to realize he's the one with the problem he's thinks it's everyone else he's is so paranoid and thinks everyone is out to get him it's a struggle everyday... this has bin my life for the last 18 years I'm 24 now and growing up with him has not bin fun he would get violent blame all his problems on me yes he would blame all his problems on a 7year old as a result of growing up with someone who refused to take meds to this day has given me severe crippling anxiety to the point where I can't keep a steady job. Sometimes I get so mad when he starts talking crazy that I literally pray to God asking him why he sent me a sick father did god hate me that much? I use to wish he would just leave I use to hate coming home from school becouse I knew I would have to see him it has bin so difficult and I don't know how much more I can take I'm sorry I just needed to get this off my chest

I am a doctoral psychology student and have been involved in studying schizophrenia to one degree or another for the last 8 years, both from a psychiatric research perspective and psychological intervention perspective. You are not doomed to develop schizophrenia yourself if you have a first degree relative with the disorder. The research on the genetic links are increasingly being questioned in the field, and while there is much more to learn about this very complex experience, a history of trauma is thought to play an increasingly important role in developing schizophrenia. That said seeking psychotherapy could be tremendously beneficial for both family members of someone with schizophrenia and for the person suffering from the disorder. There are many types of therapies and therapists out there, so you just need to find someone you are a good match with. For people with schizophrenia, there are therapists who specialize in treating psychosis, both from CBT and Psychodynamic perspectives. There are group therapies, and psychiatrists who can provide medications. Schizophrenia does not have to be a chronically disabling illness, many people go into remission and can lead healthy, happy, productive lives, but it takes being able to seek help for it and the support of those around you. I can provide further information and referrals for doctors and therapists who could help if requested. Hurdles to helping individuals and their families who are all impacted by this disorder, are stigma and a lack of awareness about where to turn for help.

Yep this guy knows. It is a distortion of reality, which in term becomes there reality. Most don't, or just can't manage self realization in situations like that.

Its like staring my own story except my pop can't stand mom.
How did your dad recover?

Stop judging. Not everyone can cope with the abuse from schizophrenic parents, or empathize with them. Not everyone can separate the person from the disease.

My dad is a schizophrenic. Has been for 13 years now. He was doing okay but recently had a relapse. Most important thing is to just there for him.

Something very similar happened to me. My father also hurt my little brother in his relapse. It’s terrifying seeing what he goes through each and everyday and seeing how this sickness affected his life and our family. I️ wouldn’t wish it on anyone. And it is scary not knowing if it’ll happen to you too

Don't tear down someone for their comment or judge. People need to vent.

My mom has had schizophrenia before I was born. She talks to herself screams a lot jumps scratches her head and all the above. I am 14 and I cope as well as I can. My dad wants to divorce her and get away from her but he can't. There is no way my dad can get out of it. It hurts me because I have no memories of my mom being normal. At all. My siblings all had a mom and I didn't and I still don't it all sucks.

When i entered gradeschool i new something is wrong with my father. He has this hallucinations. He talks all by himself, he laughs all by himself, when he hears somebody talking he thinks hes the topic so he replied with rude statements, of course people was wondering why is he like that even our relatives. I remembered he got totally insane he gets a large knife and threatens my uncle, my uncle runs while my father is chasing him with a knife. my mother was slammed in the metal door by my father. all of that because he was crazy. He's always right and when he gets mad he curses and shout. He wants to be in the house. Im an only child and living like this is hell for me. And because we have no money to bring him to a mental facility my mother just takes it all. He thinks he is normal. My close relative even stayed away from us. My childhood im isolated to my cousins in my fathers side coz my father has this condition. Im so jelous of my classmate coz their fathers are normal, I can't bring classmate at home coz my father doesn't want to hear voices. When i brought my friends at home my fathers heard us chatting and then the craziness happens he thinks we are talking about him. He Gets angry and curses my friends i'm so ashamed. One night he said someone is trying to kill him he wakes me up and my mother and when i checked no one is trying to kill him hes just paranoid. When someone chats loud outside the road and he heard it he will reply like a crazy man. i want to put a banner on our gate saying dont talk loud a crazy man is living here. We doesn't talk about it coz he thinks he's normal. He will get angry if you dish out on him or corrected him. Even correcting him makes him angry and curses you even physically. Now i think i'm paranoid to for almost 20 years im 29 now i know our community knows im the son of a crazy man. Now i have a family also living in the same house with my dad i didnt tell my partner that my dad was crazy coz im afraid. But my dad did all the job as usual my dad says rude things to my partner and she can't take it. He basically ruins everything that i have. I feel numbed i can't cry anymore. I told my mother to do something but i realize she has a crazy man as a partner for 29years a monument is not enough for her sacrifices and patience. I writing it down with a heavy heart when will my life be a life. He's my father and i loved him but i'm hopeless as a person all the trauma that i had my life is ruined. I've been isolated by my relatives coz my father is troublesome and i can't lift up my families reputation he keeps making trouble with his siblings. I've accepted the fact that i'm going down with him i'm his only son maybe this is my fate. maybe in due time i will be like him crazy sometimes i want to kill myself than living this crazy life.

My dad has schizophrenia and I'm 14. There is no real answer on what to do. It's very hard to deal with but you have to work through it

I'm about 99.9% sure my father is a schizophrenic, but he's never been diagnosed. He hears things, smells things that aren't there, he thinks people are after him and that everyone in our city is in on it. He makes connections between random things that revolve around him and attacks my mom verbally whenever she refuses to acknowledge his evidence. His evidence makes no sense, it's jumbled thoughts and ideas. He also has the other symptoms like slow response time, lack of energy, and expressionless voice. My grandfather was bipolar and committed suicide before I was born and I've recently been diagnosed with autism. Now I'm terrified of what kind of disorder I'll give my children because autism, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder share the same brain signature.
I feel as if I'm falling apart.

Yes, this is exactly my mother. Maybe look into having him committed and at least stabilized for a while. My dad went to a judge recently and had this done for my mom after she chased him with a hammer.

To any one of you living with the horrors of schizophrenia, I am 71 years old and I have had a great life and found peace with my childhood which was with a father who was a schizophrenic victim. My mother told me that once he loved me. Maybe that is why for so long I felt betrayed. We lived in a house filled with villains, plots, crashing wall, hammers, underground tunnels and constant fear. All I want to say to all and any of you is this: it is very painful, difficult and there is little hope for them. But there is hope for you. You have within you great strength and courage and you can use that to heal yourself and turn every trial into a learning opportunity. Forgive them, yourself, life, god and all the rest of us for our failure to help you and yours. If you can do that and see the blessing, even in the worst moment, then you will be OK. Meanwhile, I will think of you and hope your find your way out of this. Yes. There are others of us out here. We hear you. We know.

I totally understand what you mean my initial google search was can my schizophrenic father ever love me after reading a lot of people’s storys this is what best describes my dad arrogant and thought everybody else was so stupid it’s so hard to explain