I don’t know whether this is the right place to ask this, but I’ll give it a try and you can tell me everything you know. So, here’s my issue. I’ve started with a new job recently and I’ve been feeling too stressed. I’d like an activity that can help me overcome the stress and at the same time make my body elastic and fit. Do you think yoga is a good solution for what I need?

Hm, I don’t know what to say. Generally speaking, Yoga is great if it’s practiced well and if your teacher is well educated and professional. But if it’s just a layman who had a course or two at a local college, then there’s no use. On top of it all, there are certain religious sects which try to attract new members by organizing certain Yoga and other oriental exercising lessons. So be careful and try to find out how reliable the teacher is. If it turns out that the man is a fraud I’m sure you can try and find Pilates training course. Pilates is actually a combination of Yoga and several other exercises. It doesn’t have a religious background and it’s very efficient when it comes to body elasticity.

Yes, of course, yoga helps to decrease stress. It is a mind-body practice that combines physical yoga poses, controlled breathing, and meditation or relaxation. It may help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate. And almost anyone can do it. It has many yoga styles, forms, and intensities and it may be a good choice for stress management.