What medications are you on?

this all started as a sideffect to a BP medicine- the ingredient being the ACE inhibitor. now it is increasing in in tensity. coughing gaggin wheezing. the only thing that has been working is a salbutomol bronchodilator. rrading the articles on Acid reflux. i did not know that would cause this itch so badly. I have not been vigilant in my pill taking -so will try this avenue

Hello

Have you heard about Sensory Neurogenic cough?. There is a video by doctor Robert Bastian "cough that won't go away" let me know if your symptom is similar to one in the video

Cheers
P

I have acid reflux but isnt the problem, it a very scrathy throat or like something pokeing inside my throat and i cough as in all day and at night it wakes me up, very sleepless nights and ever since i had the flu in october everything else went away except this stupied cough, i feel like a really sick person, so acid reflux is not my problem.

I know this is an old fforum. I have this atm and its terrible. But i had it in the past and was finally diagnosed with cough evident asthma which was triggered by allergies. I was given symbicourt inhaler and was better in a week. If i take it soon enough it stops the coughing before it gets bad. I also have to take antihystamines everyday though during the high alergy seasons.

I've had this problem since I was young. Honestly the only thing that helps relieve it for me is slowly sipping on water and NOT I repeat, NOT cough. When I hold it for as long as humanly possible while taking small sips of water, I noticed the cough builds into a mucus into the back of my throat. I know that sounds creepy or gross, but you don't feel it, other than maybe the pressure a little in your throat or chest.If it's anything like mine, it only happens at the worst possible time at work, public, etc. So I try to talk as quietly and unfrequent as possible til maybe an hour later and then I can clear my throat and feel fine again. I hope this helps!

I was having a cold flu type of symptoms in beginning of February ..started with very sore throat and low fever . After about four weeks it developed to this hacking barking sounding like seal or croup kinda cough.
I was coughing all the time ..it is causing almost vomiting and incontinence.
It's middle of April cough still persist.. I cough mostly in the night ..water doesn't help.. dust irritates me when breathing ..feels dry.
I was prescribed antibiotics twice..did nothing only messed my flora..
I took tons of honey lemon garlic turmeric ginger drinks and raw ..i took everything..
Cough is still here.. when I'm calm and focused ( but I only feel it sometimes) I feel like something is moving in my throat.. like some type of bacteria..from left to right and after while changes to the other side.. or doesnt..it feels like it's connected to ear because sometimes I feel flickering..
I believe it's something else than asthma or GERD
It doesn't move up and down .. No signs of reflux.. I'd be willing to believe that it is something not yet discovered.. or some type of bacteria or parasite. Movement is very distinctive. Right on the bottom of my throat.
I'll try tea tree oil and other things mentioned after reading this . Hopefully it'll help.

Hi I have the same problem. I'm really not sure what to do. This prickly feeling just suddenly comes at the back of my throat and my eyes become watery and I cough involuntary. I've been to a doctor but they said my throat is all fine. Someone please tell me what to do. Is there a way to stop it?

It was worse when I smoked. But I found that laying on your back with chin up and no pillow (like a cpr victim) will keep sides of throat from rubbing together making itch worse, cold water makes it worse, take hot shower and breathe in vapors. Also trying covering nose lightly with blanket and breathe in your own hot breath helps just like shower. I go right to sleep. Laying on sides, drinking cold water, taking meds never helped only made it worse.

I have been suffering with an intensely itchy throat for over a year. I've been to 2 allergists, ENTs and a gastroenterologist. I've had chest xrays and a throat and sinus CAT scan. The gastroenterologist thought he found the answer, which was a great guess, but I've had surgery to try to resolve the issue 3 days ago and I'm still coughing and vomiting from this terrible itch. I am at a complete loss. I can't sleep and it's difficult to focus at work with 2 hours of sleep and being scared I'll throw up at my desk. Has anyone found a solution? I was even treated for whooping cough to no avail. I think my next step is going to Johns Hopkins. I feel like I'm losing my mind! SOMETHING is clearly wrong and there are no answers.

I had a glomus tumor growing in my neck/throat for over 8 years. It was as big as a fist when it was finally removed. The surgery damaged the nerve to my left vocal cord and left it paralyzed. It took me a couple of years to train up my voice so now i'm left with a bit of a hoarse voice. Its now been 6 years since my surgery, and i've had this horribly tingly itchy feeling in what ive always believed to be in my vocal cord, which makes me cough untill i almost puke. It comes and goes, sometimes its gone for weeks and month, and then it comes back out of the blue, no cold or flu involved. I also have acid reflux, but i dont think thats the whole cause. I have talked to doctors and noone has any idea what it could be, but then i started reading online, and i found something interesting in the norwegian wiki (im from Norway). It said that when the vagus nerve gets irritated, it will cause you to start coughing, gagging, change the secretion in the digestive and respiratory tract, and so on. My vagus nerve was affected during the surgery, and i have scar tissue probably also affecting the nerve, so it makes complete sense that this itch and cough could come from the nerve being irritated. If the vagus nerve is damaged, it will also affect your stomach and cause acid reflux, among other things. I found alot of things that seems to fill in the gaps when i started reading up on the vagus nerve. It can also be irritated becouse of a virus, so there is a big chance this nerve is the culprit in many of these cases. I dont know how to make it stop though, which is i guess what we're all hoping to find out. But maybe vagus nerve stimulation or something like this could be helpful. There are methods online on how to do that yourself. Anyway, i dont know if this was any help at all, i just came across this thread while i was desperately trying to find a solution yet again, and thought i would mention at least what i think causes my tickle and cough :) Now to find a way to make it stop...

I have the same problem, but the throat itching only starts at night time, during the day I just cough up mucus, but at night it’s really irritating, anyone know a fix?

Hey, i had the same problem. But since I stopped drinking coffee it has stopped. I guess you should try it once