Hope you check this thread soon - my husband is in the process of passing a stone & it's stuck - barely peeking out the tip of his penis. We are wondering if he needs to go to the ER? Thoughts?

Just last night I passed a stone 8mm in length and 5mm in width which was stuck in my penis. But there is one left in my left kidney measuring 9.6 mm in length and 5 mm in width. What are your suggestions please.

For the past week I've been 'working on' passing my 4th stone. First one in my mid 20s, now I'm 50. They're developing more frequently with each stone, it's been less than a year since the last one. I know a lot of you have them way more often than that, so I consider myself lucky. These are fairly consistent with regard to size, 5-7mm. They're the 'spiky' ones - I call them Kryptonite.

I've only had the colic type of terrible discomfort once, all the others were pain free until They were in the urethra and always seem to lodge where I believe the prostate stricture is. I've learned to drink a LOT of water and yes I add a little lemon or apple cider vinegar to the water. Yes, I know whatever we consume is digested and doesn't end up in our urine as it was when we drank it. But if I drink plain water, I get terrible heartburn and oddly enough adding a little acid to the water prevents that. Counter-intuitive, isn't it?

Anyway, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the author of the original post who suggested the 'cartoon garden hose' method. That did the trick for me on the second try and was a great relief after such a horrible week.

Wow! Yes, thank you so much to the "cartoon garden hose" method. In desperation I began looking up other options for my husband who has passed many stones in recent years but felt this one was in the tip of his "man jewels." Uh, ouch. Super ouch. Our usual go to method is 1 T of some type of carrier oil (MTC, olive or coconut oil) and 7 drops of a high quality essential lemon oil (we use doterra) that he drank and often the pain was eased or he passed it within sometimes a few hours. He could feel this one stuck. He used the "garden hose method" and peed out his largest stone to date (and he has a sizable collection stored in prescription bottles) at over 8 mm. Such relief!!!!!!!

Thank you for all the information! Have you tried massage to help pass stones? I had a fairly vigorous back massage in a beauty salon’s massage chair while having a pedicure this morning. I was unusually exhausted all day (and extra hungry) and a stone passed late tonight.
I had my 1st lithotripsy 8 days ago and I’ve passed 8 small fragments.
Thank you for the wisdom about jagged stones being more likely to be newly formed, that makes sense! Good luck with your journey! ☘️

Am I missing something? Do you have a way of helping to pass the stones? There are so many posts but your topic title makes it sound like you have a technique that works and I can't find it. Female patient. Thank you!

It has been around 2 weeks and a 6.8mm stone is stuck in my lower ureter. I am feeling tingling pain around top of my penis and sometimes this pain becomes unbearable. What can be the reason to this? Any suggestions.

I used a massager as well and it helped me to pass my stone within an hour!!

stop eating salty things like crackers, chips etc- if i stay away from snacks like that i don't get stones- when i eat them- stones within days
Also- people that have stomach bypass surgery will suffer constant stones- it bypasses soemthign that is needed to prevent stones from forming or something-

New Member
i visited the ER the other morning and found i had kidney stones. I was given a shot of Morphine and another of something else and also some oral medication. I was prescribed tramadol, ondansetron (zofran), tamsulosin (flomax), and ketorolac. Now i feel worse than i did, and am having muscle stiffness and spasms in my hip and lower back. Also I have had pretty sharp pain in my stomach along with constipation. should i return to the ER or are these particular effects normal with the medication. I have read the information on each and it advises if this occurs to seek physician assistance as i understand the information packet, but i wanted to know should i be seen or is this normal and i just misunderstood what i was reading

New Member
btw this is my husband not myself so male issue if that matters in this situation

On Saturday 3-23-19 at 9AM I passed my first kidney stone. Then at 5PM I passed another. Then Sunday 3-24-19 at 2AM I passed my third. Then around 7:30PM that same night I got one stuck at the end of my penis. I have tried many things to get this one to pass, but it will not. I am currently carrying at least 3 stones in the end of my penis. I have been drinking all natural apple cider vinegar, lemonade/lemon juice and lots of distilled water. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! About 10 years ago I had about 5 blasted (sound waves) with the pigtail deal. The stones I am dealing with now are from the same (left) kidney. I know this from the pain I experienced one night around new years.

You had sex when you were 4?