There have been countless threads on this topic, but I still find myself extremely uncomfortable with my Labia Minora.

I'm 16 years old, and in my opinion, my labia minora are extremely large, but very rarely do they make me uncomfortable physically. However, on the emotional side of things, I'm extremely embarrased and horrified of anyone, including my current boyfriend, seeing them.

I've read numerous threads about this very issue, and many people suggest that men love large labia, or at least don't mind them, but this gives me little comfort. Maybe it's a teenage stubborness thing, but I'm still not convinced.

Being 16, I'm still obviously not fully mature and I can make rash decisions, but I've only contemplated surgery a few times. However, if anyone has any information on this particular solution, if I do want to think about surgery more, I'd be glad. This can include parental consent for a surgery, if I need to even TELL my parents that I'm getting a surgery (If I decide to), or how much it costs, if it's covered by insurance, etc.

If anyone has MSN or AIM and wants to talk about this further, just let me know what your screen name or email is and I can add you. I'm almost contemplating suggesting people see actual pictures of my said ugly labia minora, but I'm afraid that would come off the wrong way.

I'm just an extremely insecure teenager in regards to my anatomy "down there" and need honest opinions that are being told directly to me. I'd rather not dread ever having oral sex or intercourse with my boyfriend because of my insecurities. I'm still a virgin, but this issue is always in the back of my mind. Help!

I STRONGLY urge you to really take some time and think this through. Take a look at this news article: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295392,00.html?sPage=fnc.health/sexualhealth

If the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists can't find any evidence that these surgeries are safe or effective you should very VERY cautious. NO medical insurance will cover any "cosmetic" surgeries so you'd be faced with out of pocket expense for the entire procedure AND any complications that may arise afterwards. Surgery is extremely expensive and extremely risky and should only be sought for a serious medical condition for which there is no alternative.

So you don't like an aspect of your anatomy. Welcome to life. I can promise you that EVERY HUMAN BEING has something about their body they don't like that no one else ever noticed or even cares about. If every human was mass produced in a machine to look exactly the same with "perfect parts" you'd see people going to all sorts of extremes to look different.

Life is way to short and precious to spend obsessing about something you can't control or change. Lastly, I swear to you, as a man I'm infinately MORE aroused by large, meaty, labia (both majora and minora). Men's genitals are all external so its only natural that they relate better to EXTERNAL genitalia. Case in point, ever see a guy not eyeball a large pair of breasts?

Consider yourself lucky, you are blessed and don't even know it.

Lastly, I'd advise against sending out pics of your anatomy for approval from strangers. You never know who you are really sending the pics to. Sending obscene or pornographic material over the internet is a felony.

Good luck to you and I hope you find the answers you are looking for without risking your health.

hey i know what you are going through. im 18 and i had problems when i was younger with mine.. i will happy to help or just be someone to relate to

mine are huge too. guys love it. DO NOT get surgery.

i'm 21 years old adn I've been strongly thinking about the labial minora surgery...my boyfriend asked me how come i look diffrent down there...i've noticed the problem ever since i hit puberty and have been insecure about it ever since..i'm too shy to wear a bikini or have sex..for the longest time i couldn't sleep with my man with the lights on...he doesn't seem to mind but i know he would like me to look like everyone else...i'm glad i'm not the only one with the disformity....i hate looking at my body...i'm glad i'm not alone...could anyone give me advice or feedback if they had the sugery done...or any websites they could send me to, to get more info thanks

I totally understand and am in the same boat. I'm now 42 and happily married. Although I still look "down there" and think it's ugly, my gyn assured me it's normal, my husband doesn't understand why this is/was an issue for me. He is totally satisfied with me sexually. So you don't win any beautiful
labia awards, so what?! Sex with you is no better for guys than with a gal
with a gorgeous labia (small). Besides, whose to say what's normal or good?
Accept yourself. You're not alone.

Thornography please see:-

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/labiaplasty-nightmare&hpr=Labiaplasty_Nightmare

i have the same problem girl! i honest to god don't go a day without thinking about how great it would be if i just had a regular vagina.

im the same way. everyday i wish i had a "normal" vagina . it would make me feel alot better considering i already have enough actual big problems to get comfortable with.

Why do you feel you're not normal?

Labia that hang out are probably more normal than hidden labia, in real life, not the internet.

Be proud of them, I love them and so do many men.

At any rate, I've never heard any guy complain about them.

please sign my petition, your suppoert could really benefit alot of women

kind regards

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

The article referenced here has to deal with procedures to "enhance" sexual pleasure, not regarding surgeries to reduce labia minor, which generally is not done to enhance sexual pleasure, but rather to decrease discomfort a person might be experiencing from having larger than usual labia minor.

I am a mature retired senior citizen my darling---I hate to hear a young lady say that she doesn't like her large labia minora--Believe me, I've seen many labia in my time and they are all very beautiful--I am sure your's are also--It would be great if you could post pictures of your labia for opinions--But please get over feeling so insecure little lady

I have extremely large labia minora. I didn't even know they were unique until my sister called them "meat curtains." I have read a lot about them, because sadly almost every female feels uncomfortable about them, including myself. AND EVERYONE ELSE, don't scold these girls for being self-conscience, we all feel shy about it because we assume guys prefer them small. 

I didn't know how much guys actually love them until my fiancee told me that guys do love them bigger. I looked it up, and if you ask any man, he will not complain about your labia. If he does, kick him to the curb because your vagina should not allow men that are picky about labia and sex. I am proud of my big lips, and my fiancee gets intense sexual pleasure from them. I love my 1.5-2 inch labia, they are beautiful and its so fun when they are sucked on and played with. Other girls should be jealous of us.