Hi, I am just starting Lexapro. Do you have any other thoughts on how or when to take it? Any side effects?. I am really worried about weight gain.I so hope I have the positive experience you have had.
Michelle

Whooohoooooooo!!!! This makes me sooo happy!

I was on Sentraline 50mg for a month and I felt extremely tired and very apathic. I decided to switch to Lexapro 20mg and it was like a light switch went on. I had energy, smiling again, strange dreams but not nightmarish and I went back to the gym with loads of energy. Certainly helps me not think about food so much so I know I will lose weight that's for sure. This pill is a perfect for me, I feel incredible.

New Member
1 post
Great post! I know this is sort of old but I imagine you’re still on the Lexapro? Are you able to give an update on if the medicine is still working for you?

Lexapro is one of the best anti-depressants available. It takes about a month to kick in (you can read online about why these medicines take so long to work, it's complicated). I'm on 20 mg, very few side effects, one being it takes longer to have an orgasm. Overall, good medication.

I have taken lexapro many different times... each time I take 10mg at night ( when I start) and I wake up full of energy and for the most part happy