What is adapex? I had a colectomy and have had episodes of diarrhea on and off. I thought I would be losing weight,but i has no happened. i have GAINED wait and am my highest weight i have every been at. i do not do much because I never know when I will have an "accident", so I have gained weight. I take anti-diarrhea meds and have had an Interstim implant. I think it helps somewhat. I do not think I can eat chocolate since it seems I almost immediately have a "flare-up."

I want to lose weight, but the out of the blue flare ups have caused me to limit my social life and many other things. Would adapex help with weight loss while trying to figure out what is causing my gi flares? i went from chronic constipation to chronic diarrhea!!!

Hi Jenn! Are you still seeing posts? I am going to have this surgery this year. I am 46 with a lifetime of colonic inertia..just like you had. It has been the story of my life....this struggle...pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting...countless nights at home in desperate pain. I am so good at vomiting from intestinal cramps that I can do it while driving at best....totally incapacitated at worst. Finally I found a doctor that took me seriously. I found this forum and would love some support!

Life after surgery is busy as you will have bms multiple times a day at first but it's a blessing to poo.

Have you ever had heart spasms or high hemoglobin?
I’m dealing with the same and find that maybe the cause is poor oxygen to the organs and we don’t know it.
Do you stay very tired? Not able to do exercises as you feel you should?
I do not want surgery either.