Our dog was diagnosed a year ago with Cushing. She takes Veteroyl 30 mg every day. She is now 13 years old. Yes, it is expensive, her meds run about $50 a month plus her blood work every few months is a few hundred dollars. But, we still have her with us and we have to watch her closely.

Absolutely stay away from any food or treats from China. I have several dogs and Have been heavily involved in rescue over the years.
All of my dogs are on different specialized food because 2 are prone to Stones, Pancreatitis, etc. My dogs eat Royal Canin. I have been told Rc, Pro Plan & Science Diet are the only foods processed on their own equipment- no cross contamination. My dogs love Royal Canin.

Growing up, my kind Dad would boil chicken, gizzards & livers with White rice and cut it up for 3 poodles/mix we had. They were only given a rabies shot, unless they got sick (which was hardly ever). If they got fleas on them, he dipped them in Malathion (omg!). Now, you would think the Malathion would’ve killed them. But, those dogs lived to 22yrs old and one at 23. They were blind and mostly deaf, but never had any serious illness, heart worms, or any terrible diseases they died from, It was just time to let them go.

Today, my dogs get all their shots, hw / flea prevention, dental cleaning, expensive meds if they need it, etc. I have 2 with Cushing, 1 with Pancreatitis, one with 2 heart defects that Texas A&M follows because the 2 defects are keeping her alive. She’s 5 and I rescued her at 6wks old. She wasn’t supposed to make it past 1 yr.

My point finally...Maybe my Dad had it right.

My dog, beagle mix, was diagnosed in 2015. She is on 90mg of Trilostane once daily.
The initial blood work was about $375 and I purchased the trilostane from Vet RX which is only $114 per month compared to my vets price which was $302 per month. My dog is doing well although I have noticed she has lost muscle mass, sleeps a lot and does not have the appetite she used to so she may be nearing her end. Every penny spent was worth having her with us these past 3 years. I am hoping her lack of energy is due to her age -13 years old but it may well be the Cushings is the issue.

My Sasha has had Cushings for over a year. She is 8 years old, schnauzer, diabetes and blind, we take it a day at a time, also feed her Chicken,

What if any meds is your pup on?

Can you give the amounts for your Cushing’s recipe with the 9 ingredients? I want to make it for my 11 yr old dachshund. I’m ordering the Adrenal Harmony Gold too.

So so sorry. Daphne

Thank you for your post :)

Has anyone used dog diapers with their dog diagnosed with Cushing's Disease? We have a 72 lb. pit bull that is 11 years old-just diagnosed but is urinating ALOT when he goes. I'm concerned that he may just soak a doggie diaper.

my 13Yr old Doxy has been diagnosed with Cushings-although we don't know which kind. He tried the medication which almost killed him-all possible side effects-so now we just give him emotional support. He has great appetite, normal stools, some hair loss, diminished energy but not lethargic. My vet is not a fan of holistic treatment, but I want to investigate.Did your holistic vet put your Doxy on any herbal drops, pills, special foods? I want my baby to feel well and last as long as possible.

My dog was diagnosed with cushings at 6yrs old. Boston terrier. Vet never mentioned pituitary tumor, just tested adrenals. After 2 years she started showing neurological signs. Did MRI, found massive tumor. Did radiation, shrunk tumor. Found Dr Owens in Washington State, WSU, she shot me down for surgery because she never operated on animal post radiation. Tumor grew back in 8 months. Fought for surgery and flew out to Washington. My dog passed away a week after surgery as tumor was too massive. If the Vet 2 years ago was on his game he would of known more than veteryol. My dog was too young and healthy to die and I'm still beyond angry and saddened over losing her. This surgery is successful when tumor is caught early and small. Need MRI, $2K on average, then travel expenses to get to WSU Pullman, then the surgery approx. 12-15K. Not cheap but I had the means luck me, unfortunately I wasn't advised of this option from the beginning. like I said she was too young to leave me. To all the vets out there, let owners know if their dog or cat is young and if they have the means to afford it, Dr. Tina Owens and her team, Pullman Washington, WSU veterinary teaching hospital. Only team doing this surgery successfully. Good Luck. Miss you Bella and I'm sorry, I tried.