I am on birth control but last month missed a day so the possibility of being pregnant is there because I did have unprotected sex. I was two days late on my period which is not normal because I am on birth control. The first day it was very watery pinkish color at first, then was brownish color, then turned to normal color red and I passed two quarter sized blood clots, then was back to brown by the end of the day. That was all in one day and the blood was very light not heavy at all. Its now the second day and I am worried. I am still having a little brown. I took a pregnancy test that was negative, but it may be to early. Miscarriage is also a possibility. I do plan on making a doctors appointment but this was all over the weekend when it happened. Any advice or knowledge what it could be? Thanks!

Did you ever find out what was happening?
I have the same thing going on and have been concerned about the possibility of pregnancy. This also occured over the weekend of me so I have not been able to go to the doctors yet. This happened a day BEFORE my period should have started which is odd for me because I am very regular. My bleeding it odd and often sporadic going from heavy to nothing within an hour or so. I have brown clots and my blood is very thin and light. There seems to be a lot of mucous with it as well. It does not smell like period blood.

Hope all turned out well for you.

im having the same problem. my period was actually a day early but it wasnt like normal. i am on bc and this month i havent been 100% consistent i missed a few pills in my second week and then was put on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. i had break through bleeding that was just like my normal periods only it was at the end of my second week of pills. ive been getting head aches and back pain and im unbelievably moody which isnt like me. i took a hpt and it was neg but i cant shake this feeling that i could be preg. or could have had a miscarriage :'( i was just hoping someone might be able to help or give me some answers... if i continue to feel this way ill be making a dr apt soon. hoping for some feed back...

hi ive had sort of the same as u lot but last month i had blood clots with heavy bleeding and now this month ive had brown and white discharge and blood clots light bleeding its been going on for 6 days now and my normall period is only 3 days a month so its reli worrying me now i just wanna know if iam pregnant or not to my mind at ease bt im v.moody had cramps on the left side of tummy and bk ache so fingures crossed i cud be but dnt wanna get wrked up and then find out im not x

Have anyone found out the resolution to the problem? I have had the same issue and I went to the ER which I was advised that it wasn't my period, but left with no answers. It seems that everyone is answering the question with another question. Is anyone pregnant? What did the DR. say? Please advise. Thanks!

I am 21 yrs old with a 2 yrs old girl. I am also experiencing that menstruation problem too. Since elementary I am having normal menstruation but i am just worried cause last august, september and up to this month, on the ist day the blood is not red but insted it was like brown and my menstruation period would only last for 3-4 days..Not like before that my period would really lasts for a week..i also admit that i really gained weight and so stressed. Thinking of cancer makes me worry and also my husband is pushing me to have a check up cause he is also worried..What am i going to do? 

hey, this is for anyone who is still reading this post like I was. I had all of this, but I'm not pregnant. I think that Plan B messed with my hormones and caused this very light period. Of course, always do more research and take a pregnancy test.

Antibiotics cancel out bc...!!! So, if you were active while on the birth control...and antibiotics, you may want to check again!