Hi I feel the same I was diagnosed in March and have muscle pain. Memory seems ok but I'm concerned about the muscle weakness and pain. Doctors seem as if they don't believe me. Does you doc say it will get better?

I had a very severe case of rhabdomylosis. I had acute kidney failure and i was in icu for 4 days and hospitalized for a month. I was on dialysis for about 7 weeks and thankfully my kidneys made a full 100 percent recovery. My left leg though where the problem started was blown up tremendously and i could not walk. It was huge.This happened 3 years ago and i workout regularly and am a very active person but my left leg is definetly much weaker then the left leg. Hurts when i bend it certain ways and just hurts sometimes. I wish i knew why or what to do.

I had very similar experience. I also had acute kidney failure with dialysis for 2 months before kidney function returned . I still have overall muscle weakness and pain. It's been 13 months and worried that it's not improving. I need to exercise more but it's not easy. I hope your leg improves and comes back to pre rhabdo state. I used to be very active now I have trouble just getting around.

Diagnosed, admitted to hospital for 4 days with Rhabdo in my arm. It’s been almost 2 years and even carrying my 30lbs son around causes weakness and tension in my arm. Rhabdo is pretty awful

I got rhabdo in my left leg after taking cholesterol medicine. I went to the ER and they gave me liquids and morphine in an IV. I was later diagnosed with kidney disease. That was a few years ago. Now I suffer from nerve damage and restless leg syndrome in that same leg. I've been fighting it for years. I take nuerotin, ropinirole, and oxycodone and still have problems. Still working with my doctor.

Thanks you so much, this has helped me a lot.

Any update on how your doing. I had a 101,000 cpk level 4 years ago from Crossfit and still can’t workout. Still have quick fatigue and exhaustion and can’t keep up with anybody and I meen not even out of shape people when I did try to go back to Crossfit. Also got the rabdo 2 more times when trying to workout even lightly. Dr.’s can’t figure it out.

New Member
1 post
(NOTE: Forgive me. This is long post. I am VERY frustrated!!). I had Rhabdo on the High Desert portion of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) in June 2017. I’d hiked two 25’s, a 37, than set off on a 33. At 18, I crashed and couldn’t walk another step. Was peeing Coca-Cola. Two days in my hammock; I forced myself to eat, and drink & drink & drink water w/ electrolytes. An EMT friend caught up to me, and hiked w/ me 6 miles to an exit point. The Kaiser doctor did not know what Rhabdo was; hence no CPK test was done!!! Fortunately, I was not hospitalized, and a fellow Trail Angel who is an NP brought me to his home and cared for me for 10 days. On the 14th day, I headed up the PCT once more. I was only able to hike 15 a day!!! AND it was exhausting!!! I hiked another 400. I was weak, tired all day, and exhausted every single day!! I had ‘lost’ my hiking legs!! I bailed and returned to Trail Angeling in Oregon. I was able to ‘rescue’ two hikers that season. Each requiring 20+ mile round-trips in a single day. My last long distance rescue was early October 2017. I gingerly did 150 miles of the Southern Desert PCT in mid-October — 12 miles a day. I thought I was completely recovered. That is not the case!! So where am I leading? It’s now been 7 months. Interval training hurts like hell! I now have to wait two days to recover! I regained 12 lbs of muscle mass, than quickly lost it once I started training again!! Eating still makes me nauseous. I force myself to eat. I feel like I’m living in a Catch-22 Hell. I feel like my body’s metabolism has been irreversibly reset. Perhaps, I’ve completely misjudged the after effects of Rhabdo? I’ll push on, I’ve got 1,900 miles of the Te Araroa Trail in New Zealand starting in November this year. Am I nuts? Your thoughts or opinions, anyone?