I am 17 and just had an IUD inserted, I recently just aborted, I had no choice but to abort due to the fact that I am epileptic and my pills are awefully too strong to last 5 months of pregnancy, it is causing aweful pain, I had it inserted 7 weeks ago, I bled for 1 week, my period passed 2 weeks ago, I am now having very heavy bleeding, and the left side of my uterus I believe, is cramping very bad, ive tried pain pills, but nothing is working and my entire lower body gets atleast 4 shake periods per day, should I be concerned?

i had pretty bad cramps as well and they lasted a couple of days, take some over the counter pain relievers, the cramps will subside within a few days.

my lower stomach and my lower back and right thigh pain

I had mine put in a week and a half ago and its so painful between my back, hip/thigh and my stomach. Its so horrible. Is this meant to happen? 

I got the copper one 3 weeks ago. Ended up having bad vaginal pain, back, abdominal, and I was feeling sick and miserable. I could not even walk. went to hospital.. it was a uterus infection. Got antibiotics. A week later now, I hurt in between my theighs and it feels like my right ovary is being stung by a bee.. scared it punctured through my uterus maybe.

I had the Mirena IUD for 3 1/2 years now. I've never had children and my initial pain from insertion was 6 months. It got so bad that I was at work on the floor crying. I went back to the doc & she said that the pain will last for up to the first 6 months and then it should go away and told me to hang in there because it will be worth it. I hung in there and literally 6 months later I was pain free. I hardly get a period (my last period was about a year ago & it lasted a month...doc said it was normal). I do spot occasionally. But rescently I've been having these cramps that are unreal. Feels like someone is gutting me...same cramps as before any birth control. I hard going to the doc but I'm thinking this might be serious...anyone else has these pains? I'm literally doing labor breathing to help with it. Even took a Vicodin and it didnt help :(

I have had my Mirena for 3 years and it's coming out TODAY! Yes, the "gutting out" pain has been happening to me for about the past 6 months for a week at a time, and it's unbearable. I only realized it must be the Mirena a few days ago. It feels like contractions in my left lower abdomen and the pain radiates around to my left lower back area. The pains are so bad I am doing labor breathing also, and then after a few minutes they let up and I am just fine. I can't be doing this when I am at work, or any time, since it completely incapacitates me.

I"ve had mine for a year and I've been having abdominal pain and lower back pain. I finally got my period after 6 months and it is now gone but the back pain and plvinc/abdominal pain still there.

i just got a 10 year copper iud worst pain ever and i'm terrified about getting my period now

I deal with the same thing every month . I get bad cramping 3 weeks before my period than again a few days and during . I can usually take pain but this is different than normal cramps. I've had it in for a while now. And I'm afraid somethin is wrong .

I just read your comment here. I laughed at your last two sentences because that's exactly what i've been thinking. I only got my IUD a month ago and I don't think I can keep it. Crazy, crazy bleeding. I would have had to leave work if 3 days ago was a work day and I have such incredible cramping pain in my legs that I started to think I had blood clots. Not what I thought would happen :( And yes, who wants to have sex now anyway!

Yah. Pretty upset right now. I have infertility and heavy, irregular bleeding that can last months or I have had no bleeding at all. Polycystic as well. my doctor suggested an IUD rather than ablation that I was considering. I'm going on 3 weeks since insertion. Had spotting/discharge for about a week and then SEVERE cramping in low back and abdomen to the point I'm doubled over and presently laying in bed hugging a heating pad. Also muscle soreness through my thighs. The bleeding is heavy. Like I had to leave work early one day because I suddenly bled through everything! It has not let up.. Going on 2 weeks of off and on heavy bleeding. The cramping hasn't let up either. On top of that, for the first time ever, I'm PMS emotional. I just wanted to be done with periods since I can't have kids and now I'm just plain miserabe. I'm giving it 3 months.

I don’t want to make light of your situation but your post really did make me laugh lol “stuck pig”

i cramped for days after