It's not a competition about who's had the worse pneumonia!

Right, anyone who has suffered from bad pneumonia certainly wouldn't want to win that competition. Mine was only in my right lung, but bad enough to cause sepsis and the first signs of brain failure, and I think it was the sickest I've ever felt in my 57 years. I'm just curious about what is "normal" as far as pain when healing from this condition. I've been home from 6 weeks in the hospital for about a week now, with one self administered IV antibiotic, and am having some odd pain in my lung and chest around that lung. It feels like a tightening, for lack of better description. It actually feels like a good pain, like my lung is healing? Has anyone else experienced this kind of feeling, or is it normal? Thanks in advance for any and all input on this matter. Jay

All liver is very high in Vitamin A.

So I was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia in left lung and was literally in bed for exactly a month. I never was sick, coughing up stuff, it was extremely silent. I’m very physically active person so this killed me to be in bed for this long. I have an active job so couldn’t get back to work full time for almost 2 months. It’s been 10 full months now and I STILL cough and multiple times a day my chest is tight for no apparent reason. Very confused why.... is this scar tissue? It’s just been frustrating. I’ve heard it takes 2 years for a lung to fully be back to normal...

I am so sorry to hear your story and that you were so ill. You are lucky to be alive but I know you must feel very down about the way your life has changed so drastically. Just busy recovering from pneumonia myself but had to write as I am 40 too and can’t imagine all you are going through.

Look into Gerson Therapy. I have heard great things about this and it even has been known to cure some diseases. I will be starting this in the near future.

My problem is identical. My first e.r. visit the dr. did a chest x-ray, which wasn't clear enough. They ended up doing a ct scan and found i had pneumonia and pleurisy. I finished my antibiotics going on 2 weeks ago, and i can still hardly sit up in bed or move my left arm. I went back to the hospital and the dr. Was a flake and did nothing but prescribe steroids. Im still so ill, i sweat profusely, and cant sleep. Hopefully you found your answer out to what's going on with you, its the worst, good luck

Please check out Maria Emmerich Mariamindbodyhealth. Her cookbooks are best sellers and she changed my life. There is hope

This last January had a dry cough and with in 2 day weezing, hard to breath. Went to urgent care. Doctor said i had bronchitis. And he didnt xray my lung. Give me antibiotics and a shot of steroids. Which later that night caused my blood pressure to shoot up to 186/95 so i when to emergency room, i ended up having ketoassidose , sepsis and pneumonia. Stay in hospital for 2 weeks and they sent me home , still couldnt breath well, servre pain in my lung. That was January 2018 it now August 2018 and i still have pain in lung, have to sit up to sleep cant lay flat. Have to keep catching my breath and i cant talk with out taking a deep breath durning coversations. I feel like my lung is going to colaps. Before pneumonia i was walking & run 4-6 miles aday. Now i cant and i notice when i go deeper in the pool my lung feels so much pressure from the water. What is happeing !!!! Im exstremly sad, lost and im i going to get better??? Please help
Susan

I had pneumonia in both lungs with sepsis I nearly died. My question is has anyone had a scan come back with a shadow? I have a shadow covering most of my left lung. That lung also hurts at times.

I'm on my second bout of pneumonia. Finally did xray and its bacteria pneumonia. First time got a steroid shot, antibiotic shot and a cpac and 10 day prednisone pills. Felt better after 2nd week. Relapsed 4 weeks later and on Leviquin. Didnt get steroids this time since this is supposed to be a high powered.antibiotic Best to get steroid shot and the 10 day prednisone. My face got puffy but only last few days. My friend gained a lot but she takes them all the time . Hope you feel better. It sucks trying to breathe. Have Copd and black mold on lung and a cyst and now this. Just found all this out when they decided to do a CT scan and sputum test.