How did the surgery go

Shut up.... No one needs to hear ur thoughts sorry no we don't. When a person on methadone says they r clean they are talking about drugs they used before. They know that they r take. Something to help stay off other drugs. They don't need ppl like u saying sh*t like this. So shut the he'll up.

I have an important question.
I am a Methadone patient and am currently on 35mg of methadone daily. I am scheduled to get a LOT of dental work done in a few weeks. 14 teeth to be pulled and a denture put in on top. They dont do sedation but they give you valium before to help. My question is. Will this be a problem? I do not want to Overdose but i do not want to go into that long painful surgery without anything either. PLEASE HELP.

I know it's been a year since this post but for you and anyone else in this situation I've been threw it ! Long story short I was rushed to the hospital a month ago with extreme pain ... I am on 118mg of methadone have been on it for 4 years now and have stayed clean from my very first dose of methadone. When I got rushed to the hospital for left flank pain I found out I had a 16mm kidney stone and that it was blocking my ureter and I needed to have a stent placed in surgery that night. I never tell doctors that I'm on methadone because of the "methadone junkie stigma" it carries. So I went without telling them. Everything was fine going in and I don't remember a thing! Until....I'm woken up very abruptly in recovery but nurses and the urologist doctor saying "why didn't you tell us your on methadone" at first I thought I was dreaming because how did they find out? Then waking up more and more and thinking oh sh*t no this isn't a dream I must have told them? No I couldent have. Well what happened was I woke up during the surgery because the anesthesia that they gave me wasn't enough because my methadone interacted with it. So it was a failed surgery and needed to go back the next day for it. Long story short I had kidney stones in the right kidney aswell over the past 6 weeks I've had 4 surgeries and on may 2nd going back for another. I DO get treated differently by doctors and anesthesiologist's big time after the knew I was on methadone. My last surgery the anesthesiologist said to me "oh your on methadone no opiates for you haha you will be in pain after surgery too" just a straight as****e which wasn't needed. So I talked to my very well educated methadone doctor and he said they can give us just about the same medications as anyone else just different doses.

Did you do it afteralll

Im in your same situation what did u do

Did you take your Methadone the morning of surgery? I’m having my gallbladder removed and my surgeon told me not to take it the day of surgery, and that makes me nervous

I had the same reaction and I notified the doctor I was on methadone. I had no problem being out under anastesica. When I woke up the withdrawal was immediate and it felt like I had not taken methadone in a week. They wanted me to hold off taking methadone but I was in such a withdrawal I was given a litle dose but I threw up right after it. I was like that until the anastesiaologist gave me an iv. I would tell the doctor to help avoid this, but this might happen and just be ready for this

Brother, as an ex heroin addicted 31 year old man, I can tell you that being on methadone gives me no high and saved me from the chasing and stealing and lifestyle that comes from using....Methadone is a substance and a drug but ITS LEGAL AND WERE DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, GETTING OUR LIVES STRAIGHT...UNLESS YOU HAVE LIVED IT, BE SLOW TO SPEAK PLEASE. Have you ever used a drug from the pharmacy? Huh, you druggie? Sounds ignorant right??? THE METHADONE STOPS US FROM USING DEADLY ILLEGAL DRUGS FROM STREET DEALERS. ADDICTION TRULY SUCKS. BE HAPPY YOU DONT GET IT IF YOU TRULY DONT..

I have been on 16 Mg of Methadone for 6 years. I have had two Total knee Replacements TKRs. Being on a very low dose and Doctors aware of the Methadone and dosage I ended up in ICU both times. Woke up in the most horrific pain that i was asking for a gun. They had to put me back out they couldnt control the pain 2 days in ICU. They blamed it on the the Methadone from blocking any pain control they where giving me. Make sure you talk to your Doctors and surgons know that your on Methadone and your dosage. I have a Total Shoulder Replacement coming up in February 2019 and im already freaking out. Good luck.......

how did the surgery go? the thing I fear is the methadone and anesthesia combination can be deadly

Youre so mistaken I suggest that you do some actual research. Your belief in what "clean" means is not supported by addiction specialist. The disease is characterized by loss of control. Dependency and addiction are related but not the same, and not active at the same time.

Believe what you want but keep your dangerously uninformed opinions to yourself on a post about medical advice. Nobody cares that your belief is the person is not clean. If they are dependent, even on an opiate, that is not substance abuse disorder or addiction, it is dependence, even if it began with addiction.

I recommend checking out the DMV editions. Your opinion is wrong, frankly, and unsupported. Mind or mood altering meds only contradict "your" definition of clean. By your same definition, a cup of coffee In the morning is the same as the person taking methadone daily at a sustained dose. Your self righteousness is vomit worthy.

Wonderfully stated. Thank you for all that u are.