Really, your wanting to bring a baby into this relationship???
I'm shocked!
Your trying to conceive and you know he's using?
Have you read up on how this could effect your unborn child?
Do you know he will more than likely get worse?
What a life for a child, think about what kind of life (if it's not born with mental illness) this child would have, please don't be selfish children are not pets.
You have a huge problem in your life, I really feel for you. Read the meth poem, everyone should read it, it hits home and is so very true.

Mate I'm a 30 yr old Male that has been on it for many years. After getting shot in 2009 I was forced to get back on it for pain. I was going just fine but about 6 months ago it started back up that bad. But I will say that STRESS is a very big player in it not to mention the stress of not having the ability to get up when you want lol. This is terrible. I'd do anything to fix this sh*t.

My boyfriend started methadone a year ago and our sex life went from good to non existent. I am so lonely because I am in love with him and I crave him but he can't perform. The clinic Dr. Gave him a script for cialis but it's so expensive we can't get it filled. I don't know what else to do. The arguments are heartbreaking. Sometimes I wonder if it's really me or the methadone. He says at night he gets strong urges then nothing. Somebody please give me some good advice on what we can do. I love him.

We haven't had sex in over 5 years and I wonder the same thing. I'm so depressed because I miss that closeness with him. We can't afford the pills either. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do.

I was with my man for a year and we never had sex , I never got to establish that bond or closeness with him and he held back on affection knowing that it couldn't go any further , we are no longer together but we are best friends and I'm still in love with him but I never felt loved or wanted , he seemed to brush the issue under the carpet hopeing it would go away obviously it didn't , unfortunately it hurts both sides and can cause relationship breakdowns , sex isn't everything but unfortunately it's a physical closeness for a lot of people that makes them feel loved and wanted , to the women hang in there if you love him take what he can give it's better then being without them , guys don't hope it'll just disappear , talk to your doctors ask to see specialists to much pride can lose you the women you love ❤️

I have a ? I'm in a relationship with someone on methadone is been 7 months we don't have sex he says is the medicine an stress that don't make him want sex he says is not another women but dam is only been 1 year together I'm confused

I am also on methadone no sex drive the dr did a teststerone level she said she has never seen one so low put me on androgel and within three days the drive and errction was back problem is its very expensive lots of insurance wont cover it plus its hard to use and it stinks!! But thats better than being fridgid

Also now they took the testosterone away because of sleep apnea wich is caused by weight gain another side effect of methadone dont forget the rotton teeth either i wish i never started its been over ten years if i try and taper off i cant function every bone in my body hurts and i dont have the money to stop work for the time it takes to get it out of your system i hear one year before your right again?????

One more my daily dose is 80 mg is that high? If i try and drop to 70 i feel horable I get my meds from a pain clinic not the methadone clinic
Frankly the doctor could carless about side effects when i mention these things he laughs tells me to pray!!! Only after he maks sure i paid the 225.00 for three week perscription he is more concerned about the money and if he is breaking any laws with the current situation with all controlled meds this is his main concern

I’ve been with my man for 6 and half years we once went 2 years with our sex I even moved out. I came back after a few months and things got better but I’ve been back 7 months not and we’ve have sex 1 or 2 times. When I try to flirt he rejects me when I ask for sex he’s get angry and he won’t talk to his counselor. Let me know if you find anything out. I’m so depressed feel so ugly and don’t know what to do

Perfectly worded response! Hope u got it worked out

I was the most sexual man I knew until I started taking methadone. I really had no other choice due to pain and addiction issues my doctor is responsible for. Anyway I was married for 19 years and have four kids. The methadone ruined our sex life and that’s that. She left me for a guy that could give her a stiff one. Doctors , councilors don’t care. I’m now alone with my thirteen year old boy strung out on methadone. Nothing I can do to change it. Believe me I’ve tried it all! Stay off opiates and don’t listen to anyone but your own heart!

Brother I'm in the same boat you were in. I have been on methadone for well over a year or maybe even 2 years now for pain management. The Doctor never said anything about this kind of side effect. I just learned that the methadone was the problem tonight when I found this thread. I just figured it was me getting older or something. I have no sex drive at all now and can't even with my loving wife's help I can't even get my soldier to wake up and stand at attention.
If I would have known about this when the doctor told me about the methadone to help with my chronic pain I would have told him I would deal with the pain.
I'm glad you mentioned the morphine also because that was the second choice they wanted to use if the methadone didn't help.
I feel betrayed by my doctor now. They wanted me off the hydrocodine pills because of some government bill that is supposed to stop kids from getting these pills but by doing this to me they have taken from me what was the last thing that made me feel like a man. Im unable to work anymore and provide for my family and now I can't even satisfiey my wife of 26 years. I feel even more worthless now. You would think a doctor would mention this side effect at the start.
Thank you all because I would still be in the dark without your stories.

Sincerely,
A Broken man

How do you know she is satisfied sexually ? Can you read her mind ? You shouldn’t assume that these woman aren’t being supportive , I’d suggest don’t make it seem as though these woman aren’t being patient . You say a relationship is a two way street , maybe it is these woman who are the ones doing all the work while there man is sitting around not trying to do anything about the issue ? Or to find solutions ? It sounds to me like these woman are putting in the work in there relationships and care very much... I’m sorry , we all deserve to be satisfied just as much as any man or woman should... I AM on methadone myself and struggling with the same issues sexually , I still do have sex despite these issues because I just want to feel like a normal healthy person with a healthy sex life . I do enjoy sex but it honestly is not the same... my sexual desire is not really there , I used to be very spontaneous, I used to be very passionate and loved to please and def was always great for me... I was on Suboxone for many years and I have to say that the first few years I was on the Suboxone my sex drive was still very good but after a while it did go down and like I said now I’m on methadone . Another thing that has affected me sexually is the estrogen and the anti-androgen medication I take being that I am a transgender person . I think the mix of methadone , estrogen and spironolactone has greatly affected this . The only solution I have is to continue lowering my dose of the methadone , I have already stopped taking the anti-androgen medication called spironolactone but I won’t stop taking my estrogen . Best of luck everybody . Talk to your doctors , don’t give up hope and communicate with each other...