he needs to get help fast. my cousin went to jail in louisville ky, while being addicted to methadone if you could see his mug shot picture when he went in compared to 3 weeks later in the hospital in a coma is unreal his mug shot he look normal. the jail ignore him laying on the floor going thur seizures until he went into a coma. he never woke up he died at university hospital shackle to a bed with a cop standing post outside his room. tell your father in- law go to his doctor an there is blood pressure medicine an a heart medicine they can give him that will help him going thur with draws. the jail will give him this medicine an it will keep his blood pressure down an his heart from feeling like its going to come out of his chest. blood pressure med. name is clonidine, heart medicine isinnopran xl . hopes this helps an will be saying a prayer for him

I have been on methadone for 3 yrs for Pain. 20 mg twice a day. I never take anymore then i'm prescribed and I was in very bad pain for which the methadone has helped alot. But i hear and read so many horror stories about methadone and how dependent it is that i'm wondering if I should stop it but i'm so afraid of the withdrawals I've heard it gives you. I've never done drugs, I don't drink, so this is very new to me but I know enough that even though i'm not and addict my body is dependant now. I'm wondering if its possible if done correctly can I do it with No or very little withdrawals?

You are so correct about that, they don't want us to quit, they offer no help when detoxing

Did you heart palpitations ever stop ?

I'm on day 28 after 2 1/2 years working my way up to 205mg. Went cold turkey sucks like hell, still not 100% especially when I don't get enough sleep. All I can say is distraction.