I just found out, while going through my mother's medical records, that she was given morphine against my instructions. She passed away several days later. If you agree that we must take a stand against hospice and their morphine abuse, please check out the reviews for my book, "The Neglected Ones" on Amazon. At the end of the novel there is a checklist for how we can come together and bring about change.

It's all about the money. Think long and hard about this: an elderly person dies and then what happens? No more Social Security checks, no more Medicare bills, no more Medicaid bills. In this country it's all about profits. Profits. And more profits.

The state will not help you. It's a waste of time. File a complaint and they will side with the corporate nursing home and dismiss the complaint.

Agism? No, it's age discrimination. That's what it is.

Taylor Hospice in Ridley Park sedated and euthanized my father! They got away with murder. BEWARE

My ex had a stroke in February so was admitted to hospital after a week her was transferred to another Kent hospital for rehab, just over 3 weeks later he had another stroke while still in hospital, it wasn't noticed on the ward for a few days, they did tests to find out why he was having strokes, on the Thursday they said they could see shadows around his heart, lungs and chest, Tuesday they confirmed he had lung cancer stage 4, he wasn't at the time on Morphine they said he could come home the next day and said he had 8/10 weeks to live, during the same night he was given a morphine injection a couple of hours later he was dead, I am in total shock, so many unanswered questions. his funeral is on the 8th of may so I guess I will never know, if he died of natural causes or it was the Morphine that killed him.

This is happening to often...yes morphine can cause respiratory failure and so many hospitals don't recognize side effects. My mother 91 was also healthy but had a fall I was with her, it was dilaude and fentayl and morphine all given and then the drug for if an over dose and yet they still didn't know...she was a ex nurse and knew they made a mistake and so did I. yOU HAVE TO QUESTION EVERYTHING. The phrase its there time should go to the doctors and it should be there time. God is the only one who knows the time of death. To much of this is happening. Its hard to forget but voice your concerns over and over

I agree that doctors give up due to age, and patients are overdosed and untreated due to age It is a known factor that after 3 visits to a ER the patient is refered to hospice and that means made comfortable to die......a real doctor should concentrate on making a patient well no matter what age . Hospice doesn't help the patient or know how they make them comfortable to die . For all the doctors that give up on a patient due to age I hope they are in that situation one day. And nurses need to talk if they see this happening because the patients can be their family. I was at the hospital each moment with my mother...saw so many mistakes and then dismissal ...it haunts me now. To lose her knowing she didn't have to die ...one fall and it was the medication and bad care that killed her. Everyone should speak up and question and research and keep records of all that is done or not done.