What happened after that bcoz today i have been told same thing

In 1954/56 (I was six years old) I had been in and out of hospital all my life. A Dr McGladdery in Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) operated on me and discovered that I had been born with a detached gall-bladder. I don't know the medical terms but remember that it was HUGE news at the time. My father was away in N Rhodesia and was flown to Gwelo (now Gweru Hospital) under police escort because I wasn't expected to live.They probably wouldn't make such a fuss nowadays ;-). There were a couple of other doctors in the surgical team. Apparently it was the size of a tennis ball when it was removed and it could have exploded as it was full of white powder.)... I would really love it if someone could help me find out more about it. I believe Dr McGladdery reported it to the Lancet magazine at the time. I heard about him again in about 1979 and I contacted him. He sent me a lovely long letter saying that it was the highlight of his career and he was thrilled that I had made contact with him. He has since passed away.

What is your name, I would like to pray for you and your baby.

My cousin was born without a gallbladder and was diagnosed with Biliary Atresia. She had an operation when she was born and then had a liver transplant at 15 months old. She is now 14.
There is hope. It will be a difficult journey, but you need to stay strong for your baby.

In Sha ALLAH she will be fine I pray to Allah for her

Hi could u get in touch with me pls

I just found out that my daughter was born with 2 gallbladders and she's 9 years old.

I am glad I found this post. I am with my elderly mother who just recently had a urinary tract infection and they found out she does not have a gall bladder and asked her when she had it done. She has never had an operation which led me to the conclusion that she didn't have one when she was born. She was also born at 7 months and weighed about the same if not less. She is 82 now and was not expected to survive birth. She has always had trouble digesting various foods which made me more curious. Now that I know it is really possible I can question her doctor on her next visit. Perhaps it can answer some of the other issues she has been struggling with.

I'm sorry you want through this, my nephew going through similar situation. Did your daughter survive?

I have a 7month cousin born without gall bladder. We live in Ghana and the doctors are saying unless he go for transplant He will die. Thank u.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am 46 in 2 weeks.

I Only found out I didn't have a gallbladder about six months ago. When an ultrasound search failed to locate it a ct scan was conducted.

I did spend 6 weeks in horpital an a new born, but Iit hasn't effected me in any noticeable way.

Hello. I've just read you now! What happened with your baby, can I ask pls?? I am pregnant.my baby has no gallbladder at all.all other functions are ok.pls write me on ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private e-mails is not allowed*** *** all questions should be discussed on our website *** Please read our Terms of Use
I need help too:(.
Thanks somuch!!! Wishing u the best!!!
Syl

My baby 2 month old she not gallbladder do surgery in aiims jodhpur , but now she's body fever and Wright not gain

My baby was born without a gallbladder. She had duodenal atresia. She had to have surgery as soon as she was born. She is now a perfectly healthy 8 year old.

I was also born without a gallbladder and bile ducts. Growing up I could only poop every 3 days. I was very thin. Weighed 138 pounds and had a 28 inch waist. Over many years I had stomach pain. In the hospital many times trying to find the cause of the pain. In 1982 I drank the stuff to check for gall stones. It would not go thru. So the doc did surgery to remove the gallbladder. He spent 4 hours looking for it. Did not find one. But put in a tube to digest fats. I started gaining weight. Now I am over 200 pounds. I also cannot take statin drugs. I get a pain where the gallbladder should be. I am 77 years old.