I did a lot of checking on-line and looked at many reviews about urolift but found nothing.  The only thing that concerns me is that it has not been around for any length of time.  When I asked my Dr about it he seemed very negative about it.  Its easy to find everybody raving about the system I am looking for negative if there is any.  Bruce

I had the Urolift surgery done in June 2014. It was done in Houston Texas by a doctor at Methodist Hospital.

I can say after these 8 months that i have not had any improvement. I saw the before and after photos of my prostrate and was amased at the difference. it looked as there should have been total relief but sadly there was no change.

When you say you did not have any change, what were your original symptoms? Are you now able to fully empty your bladder more quickly? Is the sense of urination urgency reduced? Did you have any long term post surgical discomfort or pain? I am considering this procedure, please advise.

6/22/15 Houston -- No change in my situation. Still get up 3-5 times at night, still need drugs just to do that.

Very much the same story with me.

I am at 5 months and if I did not remember being in the hospital on 2/28/18 I would say nothing has been done. It was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread----total BS.

Really hoping it's only because just over 3 weeks since urolift but so far no change at all with urgency to go to the toilet after any drinks and mainly drink water. I drink a glass and not long after needing to go urgently and often. Sleep still disrupted up to 3x throughout the night which is the biggest annoyance and that is with being VERY careful in limiting drinking before a couple hours before bed and at most small sips.

That's the massive negative as really hoped to get better sleep. The positive is sex has improved which is great as was suffering with ED which is actually a massive deal for me as would think for any male. That and less of the stop and start peeing.

Like I said, only just over 3 weeks but seemed to be healing quickly. Going to be one very happy bunny if the urgency changes and actually able to drink a full glass of water and not rapidly needing a toilet. .Hope this helps, but do know one thing, no chance at the age of 57, was I going for TURPS as no going back after that bad boy.

I had a urology 1 year ago, today I went to urologist after having issues for 6 months he finally ran a scope up my penis and the urolift has collapsed I have to have it removed and a TURP done, I find very strange that I can’t gind anything negative about this procedure, something smells fishy.

I had urolift procedure 5 days ago. It has been the worst experience I ever had. My symptoms went from bad to worse. Urinating is extremely slow,only dripping with help of double dose of flomax. Amount of urine voided is extremely small. Burning and pain is excruciating. I cannot leave the house because urgency is immediate and very often. I cannot go to work or do anything. Still have blood in my urine. As for sex, forget that. I cannot even imagine sex in the condition that I am. This procedure turned me from a normal man to a cripple. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this procedure is you still want to have a normal life.

I am in a similar situation, almost 3 weeks after, have you seen any improvement in the 2 months since you posted this?

Are there any positive reviews of the Urolift System procedure?