I wish that I could that beat the c**p out of kids who scream like hell. It makes me sick that I'm not allowed to do that. If I'm a parent who has one or more kids who scream, I'd slap the hell out o' him, her, or them.

HI everyone,

I too have 4 children next door who scream constantly at the top of their lungs and also like to bounce with balls, many of them landing in my property. I am constantly baffled by the loud piercing screaming which is incessant and constant. When ever they are home, they scream. In the mornings, they are better than an alarm clock, because at 7.00 a.m.; the screaming starts, on the street waking the whole street up. I have never experienced anything like it so went on line to investigate, and here I read that it is a widespread problem. A neighbour on the other side approached the screaming maniacs parents and the parent told my neighbour "don't you like the sound of children playing?". That makes me think it is the generation of parents who must be very sick individuals who believe the correct way to raise children is by non engagement. These chidren never learn any boundaries, discipline, or how to control themselves. They are likely to all become drug addicts the first time someome puts anything under their noses.

If the children are not special needs I would suggest blowing an air horn every time they start screaming. Screaming and jolly yelling are two totally different things. Screaming should be saved for crisis, emergencies, etc. It can be very startling. You can always call the police (not 9-1-1) and share your concerns about the children’s safety. Have your neighbors all meet w/the police. Screaming children can be considered a breach of peace. If the children start screaming you can also call 9-1-1 and ask the police to come check out their safety. We used to blare our music out the window, facing their property, when our neighbor’s dog would howl during the day - for hours! Good luck.