I wish that I could that beat the c**p out of kids who scream like hell. It makes me sick that I'm not allowed to do that. If I'm a parent who has one or more kids who scream, I'd slap the hell out o' him, her, or them.

HI everyone,

I too have 4 children next door who scream constantly at the top of their lungs and also like to bounce with balls, many of them landing in my property. I am constantly baffled by the loud piercing screaming which is incessant and constant. When ever they are home, they scream. In the mornings, they are better than an alarm clock, because at 7.00 a.m.; the screaming starts, on the street waking the whole street up. I have never experienced anything like it so went on line to investigate, and here I read that it is a widespread problem. A neighbour on the other side approached the screaming maniacs parents and the parent told my neighbour "don't you like the sound of children playing?". That makes me think it is the generation of parents who must be very sick individuals who believe the correct way to raise children is by non engagement. These chidren never learn any boundaries, discipline, or how to control themselves. They are likely to all become drug addicts the first time someome puts anything under their noses.

If the children are not special needs I would suggest blowing an air horn every time they start screaming. Screaming and jolly yelling are two totally different things. Screaming should be saved for crisis, emergencies, etc. It can be very startling. You can always call the police (not 9-1-1) and share your concerns about the children’s safety. Have your neighbors all meet w/the police. Screaming children can be considered a breach of peace. If the children start screaming you can also call 9-1-1 and ask the police to come check out their safety. We used to blare our music out the window, facing their property, when our neighbor’s dog would howl during the day - for hours! Good luck.

Yes, this is correct. I know it's not a PC answer, but we have to have permits for guns, to drive cars... but anyone can reproduce. Worse, our culture has become more and more entitled. Have you noticed how people behave today with their pets? On a medical forum recently someone said that people who have severe allergies to dogs on planes... should just suffer through them. I'm not saying kids are like pets, but when someone loves something, they are VASTLY less concerned about the suffering that thing causes others--like loud motorcycles, booming cars/trucks, dogs barking 24x&, and kids throwing tantrums ALL. DAY. LONG.

It's never the other person's fault. It's always OUR problem. And when the offender is a child, suddenly no one else has any rights. I've seen an adult strike another adult on the MBTA (Boston subway) JUST because the mother's 8- or 9-year-old child was kicking out her feet repeatedly into the shin of an elderly woman next to her. The older woman gently guided the child's kicking feet away from her shin and THAT finally got the cell-phone using mother's attention and she struck the older woman who was about 40 years older.

And there's no safe or quiet space anymore. Even at church, screaming-screaming. Our libraries are no longer spaces to sit and study or read. Taking in a late show to escape the screaming? Nope. Parents take their screaming infants to shows as late as midnight. Paying a premium for a night out at a luxury restaurant to get some peace and quiet? Fortget it. Screaming-screaming. Nowhere is safe anymore. We have no rights to quiet and peace. Our tax dollars subsidize all these families, but we have no say in even a sliver of quiet society.

I think you're right: people who shouldn't be parents are simply free to keep reproducing. And the rest of us have to pay the price.

Finally! Another person who sympathizes with those who find screaming kids to be problematic.

Yes, this always seems to be the standard reaction when somebody dares mention children's behaviour, usually delivered in a confrontational sneer "well I bet you don't have kids do you????" or the alternative "Ah, they're just being kids" (both justifications for failing to address the issue). That's not the issue - the issue is that somebody's lifestyle choice (children who don't or won't behave) are affecting the well being & peace of another. Do we allow smokers to blow smoke at non smokers?.... no, that would be insanely rude & inconsiderate wouldn't it?...... just FYI not everybody who is bothered by the noise of children is automatically child-free or has "no babysitting experience" that is flawed logic

Yes, well parenting is now a "sacred cow" that you criticise at your peril. Many parents appear to believe their kids are "mini mes" so if you criticise the kids behaviour it seems to be a direct challenge to the parents & boy do they get butthurt about it!!.... parents may become used to the sound of their screaming kids but that doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with it.....

To Make A Damn Story Short... I live next door to a 4 unit appartment complex, and a whole family of uneducated Filipino's live there. They talk so loud, and and are inconsiderate to other people it's like there the only ones on planet earth. So I have been living in this house in 2008, when we 1st moved here our neighbors came to my husband, and I asked if we would be having parties, we said no, we are quite people, and we would not be having any, THEY TOLD US THEY WOULD BE HAVING PARTIES EVERY WEEKEND, THEY CAN GUARANTEE IT!!! We Thought they Were Joking. Boy were we wrong!!! Partys that started at like 5:00 A.M. Fridays sometimes, and lasted Monday until when ever. This went on for about 5-6 years straight.

After the 5-6 the daugter to one of the neighbors moved in O.k. 1st she has one kid. Which is screaming, and crying. When it plays out side it is always yelling. It's like F***. There is just a driveway between us, Stupid A**. Anyways I use to think to my self well it's just one kid. Then she had another one. It's like great another crying screaming kid. GREAT!!! So now these to kids are scream out side to the top of there lungs. So she has 2 Boys Already... GUESS WHAT NOW SHE HAS A 3RD ONE, I GUESS 2 WELFARE CHECKS WEREN'T ENOUGH, SHE NEED A 3RD ONE. So when she had the 1st two the husband was around. As soon as she has this 3rd one he is no where to be found, I'm guessing he got put in jail or something. Anyways I call this baby the 5 second cry baby. It cried like all day long, and when it cries it like does this cream that sounds like someone is trying to kill him. and the mother does nothing to try to make him shut up. My husband literally got so annoyed yesterday, he actually yelled shut up out the window.

It's called your sanity, and your mental health... Stupid people that are having kids just for a welfare check, or people just having kids to ignor them, and let them cry all day long should not be allow to have any. (I KNOW THIS IS OVER KILL, BUT THEY SHOULD BE SPAY, OR NEUTERED LIKE CATS, AND DOGS.) What cracks the sh** out of me to is, it's your dumb a** kid that is driving me crazy, but because the stupid goverment wants to use my tax dollars to pay for your stupid kid that you won't educate, I am paying for endless cycles of stupid a**es out of my tax payers money.

Stupid inconsiderate uneducated people just should not be having kids... There's a song that say: AND ONLY STUPID PEOPLE ARE BREEDING. EXACTLY!!!

OH AND WHAT I FORGOT TO MENTION IS THIS LADY DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THE KIDS TO KEEP IT DOWN, TO NOT SCREAM OR TALK SO LOUD. WHEN THE KIDS ARE CRYING SHE DOESN'T TRY TO CONFORT THEM, OR TRY TO EVEN MAKE AN EFFORT TO GET THEM TO STOP CRYING. HENCE THE 5 SECOND CRY BABY. ONE DAY HER OLDEST SON WAS CALLING FOR HIS GRANDMOTHER, AND THIS WAS AT 10:30 P.M. AND HE'S SCREAMING TO THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS GRANDMA, GRANDMA, I'M JUST LIKE WHAT F***? 5 SECOND CRY BABY WILL WAKE MY HUSBAND AND I UP AT 4:00 A.M. TO 5:00 A.M. WITCH IS REDICULUS.

I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE HAVE KIDS TO JUST MAKE OTHER PEOPLE LIFES MISARABLE. AND NO I DON'T HAVE CHILDREN, AND NEVER WILL. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE KIDS, JUST DON'T MAKE OTHER PEOPLES LIFE MISARABLE!!!