I am starting this diet next week..my first appt is next Thursday. I'm excited, but a little nervous. for those of you who have had success....do you feel really awful for the first little while> and how much weight did you lose the first week? I'm SO ready to start, no matter how difficult it is..I'm dreaming of a new dress for Christmas!

I have had great success so far. There will always be negative reviews out there from people. Mostly from those who gained all their weight back due to not following the plan and going back to their regular eating habits. I do not find the people at the diet clinic harsha at all. They are their to motivate you which is why they try their hardest to deter you from gaining weight from each weigh in. I have to admit that being a little nervous for each weigh in is what keeps me going on this diet. I have struggled with my weight all of my life and have tried every diet out there possible. This is the only diet that has worked for me. So far in 2 1/2 months I've lost 36 lbs which is insane for me! I can tell you that if you view this as a positive change that you will not see the Nurses in the clinic as evil, but rather, there to help you through the process.  

You are paying them, they are not paying you to do it. It is your choice and you can join again.

I have gained 25lbs back...I don't think this is reasonable I believe that this diet truly sets you up for failure..I will not go back to Berstein...I will struggle to lose it til I die

Sounds like you work for them.

I disagree with what is being said about Bernstein in this post. I've been a patient for over 15 years off and on again when I need them. My weight is a life long struggle and in so grateful Dr Bernstein clinics exist!

I've gone back numerous times when I've gained back some weight - once after a serious illness when Meds made me gain 60 lbs back. I've always been treated with kindness and respect, and strictness (which is the whole point of the program). The message I get from Bernstein staff is that they are there to help me whenever I need it. I've attended 3 different clinics. All have been supportive

No! The injections DO NOT CONTAIN Potassium! For God's sake do not inject yourself with Potassium!!!!!!

I also disagree with those who slam the clinic. I have been going for over 6 months, hit my goal 2 months ago (35 lbs lost) and have maintained since then. I find my clinic nurses to be helpful and supportive, not judgmental at all. I had weeks when I went up or didn't see the loss that I'd hoped, but they always talked me through it and we usually discovered what the culprit was (too much salt, a food that was not on the "allowed" list for the strict portion of the diet. They encouraged me through the low points and cheered me on through the high points. And no, I do not work there.... This is my second time back. I went a number of years ago, lost the weight and quit without doing maintenance. That's the secret to not gaining it back. I've done 8 wks of maintenance and I'm reintroducing some things I couldn't have before on strict, but watching portion sizes how often I eat them. Also hitting the gym 2-3 times a week since starting maintenance (didn't have the stamina to do it while on strict). So yes, it does work but it's not easy and it's not a magic bullet - you've got to commit to making the changes that will allow you to succeed. Otherwise, it's a huge amount of money wasted.

I don't get the whole "kicked out" thing. You pay for a service and chose whether you continue or not. Why would they kick you out?

I totally agree with you as that has been my experience, too! I love my nurses. They chuckle cause I call it rehab! I get clean, I fall off the wagon & go back to rehab. Just like other addicts.

I started at 137lbs and after 5 weeks I'm at 121lbs... I've cheated some days and when I did I only lose ounces or stayed the same. If I stayed on track I would lose 1lb every weigh in. If you stay on track the program works and the only person to blame is yourself if YOU are not successful. Yes! You paid the money for their services and its worth every penny if you commit. Stop bitching and "COMMIT"! I like how they are no BS and knew when I cheated and called me out on it and I make the change. If you can't commit 100% than you are wasting your money. I have 11lbs to go and it's extremely hard to get to my goal of 110lbs but that's my goal and at my beginning weight I don't see the lbs drop that quickly but I'm going to keep at it.

I did the Bernstein diet a number of years ago. I did lose the weight as promised. One thing that did happen was that I would lose weight in a strange pattern, 1st week 7 lbs, 2 weeks at 4lbs and the 4th week nothing. This pattern was fairly consistent for the 4 months I did the diet and I lost over 60 lbs in total but every 4th week I dreaded having to argue with the staff and explain to them that this was just how my body worked. Of course every 4th week they threatened to kick me out. Over the years I gained the weight back and have just recently started the diet again (2 days ago) This time I am doing it without the clinic. I went to the pharmacy and bought vitamins and B6 and B12 pills. Hopefully I will get similar results (minus the weight gain of course)

I started the Bernstein diet on September 10,2016 and this Friday will be my last day (2Months). I started at 205lbs and as of today I am 168lbs, that's 37lbs lost in two months.

I feel great!!! The energy levels are up up up...I exercise daily, treadmill and weights, have toned up and am getting compliments daily. My Sex life has increased for the better...everything is perfect.

I will start the maintenance program next week and plan to stick to a healthy lifestyle. I just want to mention something to all the folks who rebound, this may not be the case for everyone but I am sure it is a contributing factor for gaining back the weight. On my 3 visits a week to the clinic I noticed that people are lining up to buy the caramel protein bars and the chips packed with protein and all the sweet stuff that is supposed to replace a fruit serving and a protein serving....ALL this is doing is making you rebound before you rebound!!! If you don't learn proper eating habits while on your strict diet you will definitely crave all the sweets when going on the maintenance program and since you have an increase in portion sizes now you will get tempted and fail!!!!!

That was just a thought....I am not planning to fail. Success is strictly in your hands!!!

I have had a great experience. I went in at 5ft4in 145 lbs and lost 15 lbs in just under 2 weeks. The diet is easy to follow and quick. I will start maintenance on Friday which is my 2 week point. I am getting tired of the food, however, before the diet I was tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes. I have learned a lot about healthy eating. I have not heard of them kicking anyone out of the program? I have been offered the tune up if needed. It was the best money I ever invested in myself.

I am a fitness instructor and before I joined Bernstein I knew it was because I needed to manage food better. I would eat sweets like crazy and would think "well I burnt off 300 calories working out I can have a cookie or two". Anyways I had gained about 30 lbs in 2 years and couldn't fit into any of my clothing however I didn't look like I was heavy. Long story short, the staff made me feel morbidly obese even tho I was skinnier than most of those nurses. I lost 15 lbs the first month and its taken me about 2 months to lose the other 10. However I haven't been following the diet to a T only because I don't want to deprive myself so much that once I start eating certain foods again I will gain it all right back. Im a few lbs away from maintenance and I will not go back in until I attain that goal weight on my own. That is the secret. If you can do this on your own, you no longer need them to poke you with needles and put you down each time your ketones are not in fat burning mode. The nurses at Bernstein are not pleasant and have met maybe 1 or 2 that actually care about seeing you succeed. iTS SAD! And at one point I was going everyday and it was the WORST! Keep up the good work you can do this !