Hi All, I've read this forum from start to finish multiple times and It helped me immensely. I thought the least that I could do was return the favor and give you a similar story. Sorry for the length but I didnt want to miss any details that might help someone. About 7 Months ago i started feeling different, in reality it was probably much longer but this is when i really felt the effects of whatever was going on. This was Jan. of 2018 by the end of February I went to my primary care to talk about the symptoms because they had started to effect every facet of my life, work was becoming unbearable and I was exhausted at home.

Here are a list of symptoms I described to my doctor- Terrible Brain Fog, Shakes, Hot Flashes, ear pressure (not pain), Lack of concentration/focus, dizziness, stong heartbeat, jaw pressure, anxiety, exhaustion. Also, when at the Dr., my blood pressure was elevated substantially (around 159/98). Over the next couple months I saw my primary bi-weekly, I had an EKG that came back abnormal so obviously I was worried about this. They ordered an Echo Cardiogram and it was normal. Come to find out i've had an abnormal EKG (within acceptable variance apparently) atleast since I was 18. I am 38 now. I also had blood work, including Lyme which i thought could be the culprit. The only red flag was my Vitamin D which was 12? Apparently that is extremely low and definitely contributed to my exhaustion. As a quick

Background before I get into my teeth. As I mentioned I am 38 yrs old, I am not an anxious person at all, atleast I've never thought that and I've never had high blood pressure in my life. If I go to the Dr's it might be slightly elevated (130/85) but usually i'm right around 120/75. Not matter what I did when I went back to the Dr's my BP was elevated. They Dr. put me on Lisinopril 10mg for the BP and also Citalopram for the anxiety 20mg. After a few weeks the Citalopram took a bit of the edge off but I was still far from normal. Thats when I found this forum, I have all 4 wisdom teeth in, they really never bothered me but I did feel some pressure on the sides of my face, I went to my dentist and he said that they werent infected, they were semi-impacted but it was my choice to have them removed. I went to an oral surgeon who wouldnt take them out because of my Blood Pressure. It was a tough situation, I felt awful with all the symptoms described above, which I thought were contributing to my BP, but I couldnt get my teeth removed until the BP was under control.

Finally, about 4 weeks ago I had all 4 teeth removed. I feel much better, I would say I am 85% better, work is better, fatigue has diminised, and at my follow up with my Dr. my BP was 123/76. My Dr. was amazed that this was all because of my wisdom teeth. I still have some symptoms, my legs are tight sometimes, almost as if I'm anxious and I'm still a bit shaky at times. But Brain Fog, anxiety, dizziness, BP, Pounding HR, have all subsided.... I am still on the medication that I was originally put on and am currently weaning off of it with no problems. Hopefully I continue to get better. If anyone has any questions i'd be happy to help.

Couple Quick Notes- ****My Primary and Dentist/Oral surgeon really dont have any crossover whatsoever. My Primary had no idea that teeth could have this type of effect on my overall health. Have confidence that you know yourself better than your Dr., if you know you dont feel right be your own advocate.

****Interesting thought on my anxiety. I think in general we call get a touch anxious in situations, maybe speaking in front of a group of people or new social situations. I have never been bothered by these experiences because I could naturally always calm myself down. When i was sick, there was no way to calm myself, Its hard to explain but I dont think I was "more anxious" I just didnt have any mechanism of relaxing myself once on edge, it was extremely difficult to function.

My Best to everyone dealing with this.  It was Brutal,

Pat

so you had pressure in your temples? and after all wisdom teeth pulled .. that pressure went away?

Yes, pressure in my Temples, upper and lower Jaw as well. I feel about 90% better a couple months after surgery. I hope this helps.

How long did it take for the dizziness to go away

I'm five days post surgery and still have it

New Member
Did it go away for you?

New Member
Thank you for this!
I have had the same thing as you and the doctors thought I was going crazy. I removed both my upper wisdom teeth and my lower wisdom teeth on the right side.

I only have one left on the right side and it will also be removed in Jan.

I am so thankful for everyone who shared here! Thank you

I am on the fourth day. I still have some dizziness but only when I eat and lay down. I am still swollen though after the surgery