I had procedure done as well was told no weight gain but I put on 32 pounds . I’m very active eat right exercise . This is only thing that has changed . I got no answers when I asked .

Thank you for all the feedback!
I was booked for two weeks and I've decided to opt with what I've been doing so far , homeopathic remedies that work also. I thought this may be a quick fix but it appears all the feedback is negative so thank you , you saved one pre menopausal lady here that definitely doesn't need anymore weight gain... At 50+ it's bloody hard enough
I hope your health and weight settles in time xxx
Stef

Wait, I’m so confused. The ablation has nothing to do with hormones. You still get a period and ovulate... you just don’t bleed.
How can ablation cause weight gain?

I agree. I have gained 15 pounds in 1 year and can not lose it even if I starve myself and do double exercises. The number on the scale will not move. I begged my doctor to do an X-ray. I was convinced I had a mass in my belly. I have never had “abdominal” fat. Apparently heavy bleeding was what my body needed. This is horrible. I am calling the FDA and reporting my side effects.

I am scheduled to have this procedure in a couple weeks. The weight gain idea bothers me since I just had my Mirena removed and have fought weight gain for years with that. I did some research into how this could possibly cause weight gain. It makes no sense. I found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9651902 . Apparently it effects the ovaries in a similar manner to hysterectomy. Essentially causing menopausal symptoms of elevated FSH which causes belly fat. I'm on the fence.

I thank you all for sharing your thoughts and advice to us considering the doctors are NOT! And I agree that they are not because my dr didn't for me let me know of possible side effects of weight gain,,, I would rather bleed out naturally until it stopped than gain weight which could cause other Heath problems,,, many thanks and blessings to you ladies and YES I did cancel my ablation a day before the surgery!!!! Many blessings to all women who share they're stories and without eachothers support we would be clueless ,,,,

I had mine in September of 2017 and now Its March 2018 and I’m up 10lbs and gaining steadily. I still bleed and have insane pain the few days preceding my period. My MD was also puzzled and has no clue what’s causing this. Don’t they read!?!?!? I am contacting attorneys for a class action law suit. Until then, does anyone know how to fix this? What HRT have you used? Has anyone had a hysterectomy and did that fix it?

Losing your endometrial lining has nothing to do with altering hormones.

You could be me. My breasts are always sore. My stomach is huge, and I now have acne which I am convinced is tied to this awful ordeal. If I had known what could have happened I NEVER would have done this.

Let me know about lawsuit. I'm in... Had mine in 2010 and I gained a ton of weight that year and haven't been able to lose it since. I've had depression, hair loss, fatigue, and now throbbing in vagina and occasional bleeding. This sucks. I would have never gotten it and I never put my issues together that it was from Novasure until recently.

I had this NovaSure procedure done June 2004 and I was told I might gain 10 to 20 pounds. I weighed 138 pounds when the procedure was performed. Since then I have fought with everything I could to NOT gain weight but I was gaining weight so fast. My weight gain over the last 14 years has gone up exponentially to 353 pounds as of this morning 5/22/18 (that's an average of 17.9667 pounds a month /4.4791667 pounds per week ) and that is so far and my body and bones are breaking down horribly I eat only food grown from the ground, meats without chemicals and hormones, very little processed foods. Then in 2010 I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease so my whole diet changes again and well I really had to eat WELL. I'm sick of being this way and my next thing is getting one of the bariatric surgeries but I am worried the weight would just return because my Primary Care Doctor told me that it's like my metabolism isn't active and I have been wondering if the NovaSure ablation procedure can cause the metabolism to stop working properly or stop altogether. So I don't know what would have been better this procedure or a total hysterectomy.

I had it done in April 2016, my uterus / lower belly is where all of my weight is that I CANT lose!

Thank you for your information. I will have this procedure on Tuesday and I’m so nervous.

My periods did stop, but definitely weight gain due to this procedure.

So I have been bleeding very heavy for about 9 mos now. I have been on depo for a year.My doctor has given me BC pills and estrogen to stop the bleeding. It is only a temporary fix because as soon as I'm done i start bleeding again if i do anything strenuous or am intimate with my husband. I can't keep tampons in because the blood clots push them out I have one about every 6 to 10 mins. I have started wearing diapers because pads can't control the clots either. My weight gain has sky rocketed. My doc suggested novasure. I really hope that it does not cause me to gain more weight. All the pills and my continued depo shots have contributed to my depression and weight gain.. I dont feel like myself I'm always bloated and I feel miserable. I can't even exercise because my body freaks out I become so anemic and weak i lay on the couch for 2 days.. I'm doing this surgery out of desperation. I'm so tired of being sick.