New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

I am in same boat. Horrible period the doctors coukdnt figure out what was wrong after blood tests and ultrasounds so we opted for the novasure. My kids are 8 and 9 and I worked so hard to lose all my baby weight. I am very active and I got the novasure procedure done October 2015 it is now July 2016...have gained 10 pounds. I am working hard now to lose it again but I haven't changed a thing. My boobs are also super super sore and my pms is so bad since the procedure. I am hoping that of I lose the weight it will help with everything.

Thank you.for your reading

I had my surgery September 2016 woke up this morning.petiod on real hard back pain hips to my thighs.i through too . Did I have kidney problems

your the first person who has an answer to the weight gain, thanks!!

I had this procedure done in December 2016 and have gained 8lbs!! I think I would have waited another year of suffering had I know I was going to gain that much weight in a short period of time. I exercise 4-5 times a week and eat pretty healthy. No change in my eating habits to warrant an additional 8 lbs.

I also had the procedure done in Dec 2016 and I have since gained 12 lbs!! At first I chalked it up to the holidays as I wasn't really watching what I ate and probably had too much chocolate lol but now I'm on a low calorie diet and still can't seem to shake it. Has anyone found a solution? Or does the weight gain drop off eventually and does it eventually get easier to lose weight? Also, would a hysterectomy reverse the weight gain by completely getting rid of the uterus but leaving the ovaries for hormone production?? Any advice would help! Feels like I'm walking around with a spare tire on my mid section!

Thank you ladies for your posts!!!! My doctor recommended the procedure and asked me to research it online. I told him the idea of not having heavy periods were lovely but I also thought that this seemed a little "unnatural". He said I would still producing hormones and feels as homanly as I do now. He didn't mention the weight gain. I'm glad I found your posts. I'm struggling to lose weight as is, can't immagine how would be after. I've made my decision. I rather deal with the heavy periods!!!

I'm 55year old and have novasure at 50 and have gained 40 pounds and cant seem to loose it. I never had a problem loosing weight and the more I try to more I gain. I also got fibromyalgia about 6 months after.

I've lost weight it's the best choice I've ever made

You lost weight after Novasure?