I am in same boat. Horrible period the doctors coukdnt figure out what was wrong after blood tests and ultrasounds so we opted for the novasure. My kids are 8 and 9 and I worked so hard to lose all my baby weight. I am very active and I got the novasure procedure done October 2015 it is now July 2016...have gained 10 pounds. I am working hard now to lose it again but I haven't changed a thing. My boobs are also super super sore and my pms is so bad since the procedure. I am hoping that of I lose the weight it will help with everything.

Thank you.for your reading

I had my surgery September 2016 woke up this morning.petiod on real hard back pain hips to my thighs.i through too . Did I have kidney problems

your the first person who has an answer to the weight gain, thanks!!

I had this procedure done in December 2016 and have gained 8lbs!! I think I would have waited another year of suffering had I know I was going to gain that much weight in a short period of time. I exercise 4-5 times a week and eat pretty healthy. No change in my eating habits to warrant an additional 8 lbs.

I also had the procedure done in Dec 2016 and I have since gained 12 lbs!! At first I chalked it up to the holidays as I wasn't really watching what I ate and probably had too much chocolate lol but now I'm on a low calorie diet and still can't seem to shake it. Has anyone found a solution? Or does the weight gain drop off eventually and does it eventually get easier to lose weight? Also, would a hysterectomy reverse the weight gain by completely getting rid of the uterus but leaving the ovaries for hormone production?? Any advice would help! Feels like I'm walking around with a spare tire on my mid section!

Thank you ladies for your posts!!!! My doctor recommended the procedure and asked me to research it online. I told him the idea of not having heavy periods were lovely but I also thought that this seemed a little "unnatural". He said I would still producing hormones and feels as homanly as I do now. He didn't mention the weight gain. I'm glad I found your posts. I'm struggling to lose weight as is, can't immagine how would be after. I've made my decision. I rather deal with the heavy periods!!!

I'm 55year old and have novasure at 50 and have gained 40 pounds and cant seem to loose it. I never had a problem loosing weight and the more I try to more I gain. I also got fibromyalgia about 6 months after.

I've lost weight it's the best choice I've ever made

You lost weight after Novasure?

I’m calling BS on this ! I had the novasure done for heavy bleeding on 12/5/17 and have gained 20lbs!!! I’m active,work on my feet all night and don’t overeat. This isn’t normal and I know look pregnant!

PCOS=Insulin Resistance. Sadly, traditional medicine will not get to the root of women’s issues. They use these procedures and promise the world to their patients. There is no such thing as “One size fits all” when you are dealing with hormones. The Ablation is a wonderful tool for women who are traveling the long road to menopause. Some deal with heavy periods, cramping, and that’s when ablation will help you. However, it’s not magic and it does not restore or optimize your hormone levels. I highly recommend anyone who is having issues with what is going on with their body to research. Research on “Google Scholar” and learn and read the medical literature. No one knows your body better than you do. Hormones are the root to every medical diagnosis we have. Stress is the beginning to the Hormone battle that we all face. I encourage you to educate yourself about them. Yes, getting older and aging is natural and menopause happens but we do not have to put our bodies at risk for stroke, heart disease, osteoporosis and cancers because we are aging. And please do not believe everything you hear on tv or from your friends. It saddens me that Doctors are quick to defend what they have been taught in school. However, medicine changes. And if that is not the topic you are willing to revisit then at least don’t discourage all the people that are searching for answers to their questions. The symptom was heavy bleeding. The solution to the symptom was Ablation. Now let’s find out what the cause of the heavy bleeding is so we can fix the real issues. The medical literature tells me that it is my hormones at rock bottom. Gaining weight? Medical literature proved to me that again hormone level could be cause of that. (Testosterone) Yes women have testosterone! Research!! Research!! Research!!