Thank you! I was freaking out for a second, but this explains it. I will still see my doctor :-)

I have degenerative disc disease which has resulted in sciatica. the sciatic nerve connects to a network of nerves throughout the body. at least in my case, is what is causing my fingertips to go numb along with extreme pain from buttock down left leg to the foot

what did it end up being, my finger does exactly the same thing, just the right index finger up to the first joint, the other fingers feel fine.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Ditto. Have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and herniated discs. And just my left index finger goes numb like it has been frozen but it's not really cold.

Hi, the tips of my fingers go a yellowish white and go very numb but this has only started since I had my L4/ 5 disc removerd in my lower back just over a year ago. Do you think its connected ?

This exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. Scared the hell out of me! I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack ! I do have neck issues and I have to day this thread did a lot to relieve my stress!

My right index finger goes numb all the time particularly when my anxiety is bad the above comment about reynauds syndrome seems to sound like that's what it may be as it's definitely worse when I'm stressed

I’m having the exact same experience with the numbness in my index fingertip. This time it’s been about 48 hours, but this has happened before and gone away. Frequently when I wake up in the morning. I also suffer from myofacial pain but I’m leaning towards carpal tunnel as the cause, as I’m an analyst that spends ~40 hours a week in Excel. Not sure if it’s relevant, but I’ve also had a long time “twitch” in that hand that causes me to break and drop things often lol

I've had this for 2 yrs. 42yr old Female. It happened when I moved from Florida to Tennessee. It seems to only happen when it's cold outside. What helpsevery time is to rub your finger under warm water for a minute and then put gloves on to maintain the warmth. shaking and massaging the finger doesn't work for me, I've tried. It's almost like someone tied a rubber band around the finger. Mine gets white and you can see the blood come back to it slowly. It's freaky.