Hello! I have had a gall bladder surgery 7 days ago. Three days ago I lef the hospital and everything was fine but now I am experiencing numbness at the surgery area. How common is this? They told me nothing about it at the hospital. Thank you for your time!

Before I had my surgery done I was told about the possible side effects if I may call it like that. These included swelling and numbness at the incision, pain at the incision, and decreased appetite. These conditions are considered normal. For any other condition following the surgery like high temperature, severe pain, vomiting and alike you should call your doc. I hope everything works out well for you.

I am getting frustrated for I have numbness and burning and some bloating in the incision area this has been going on for 14 months. Is this normal.

I have a stent fitted after surgery by endoscopy, 5 weeks out of hospital and my gall drain been removed, but my incision area and stomach is numb and painful, I hope it's going to stop when the stent is removed.
It's painful when I take deep breaths or attempt to stretch.

I had my gallbladder out in Dec 2017. I still have numbness and pain in my incision areas and it's been 6 months since surgery. Everything is healed, but I can't understand why.

Same problem, however never any direct answers,

numbnes right above incision. G/B surgery 4 months, it was also an open surgery.