Oh my.
I am not normally a hypochondriac. Apparently I'm still not. You have pretty much all describe my symptoms to a T.

I had a splinter in my foot a couple of days before my sciatica flared up like never in my life. The result was I thought my foot pain was definitely related to my removal of my own splinter. Though the pain and discomfort has been constant it also changes and seems to move around my foot & leg.

I feel so assured even though I've only been suffering about 6 weeks. My doctor doctor suggested sciatica today after seemingly asked out of the blue how my back felt. I never mentioned my back and kept complaining about my foot and toes.

10 minutes later driving home, out of nowhere, I recall the history of Jose Maria Olazabal. He was a truly great golfer, won two masters, and later almost retired after suffering with what he thought were foot problems for some 5 years before being diagnosed with back and disc problems.

Now the only problem? I'm not sure if I want the diagnosis to be correct or not, LOL

I'm exactly the same I feel your pain!! Sciatica was so bad I was bent over for a week before I could begin to straighten up and stretch my left side out. I had just been diagnosed recently with osteo-arthritis in my neck and spine and although I have had milder episodes of sciatica over the years I have never experienced pain like it. Couldn't lie on my left side or my back and had difficulty sitting, and standing also. I felt like I would be in a wheelchair if things didn't begin to improve. I walk to work each day and took no time off as I was so afraid that if I didn't keep pushing myself I am feeling a good bit better but my left thigh is very itchy and feels hot to the touch, and quite sore to touch also. I start physio today and hope that this will help with any further episodes. Maybe I will be a little wiser after today!!