I have this also but above my eyelids on both eyes.Any idea what could be causing this? Anyone know what I can use to cover it?

No, but I too have them and have had them for some time - my husband who doesn't usually hold back thought it was make up! (orange???)  I don't like the appearance but haven't liked to bothere my GP as I've had other health issues which have required attention.

Did you get anywhere with your investigations into your orange eyelids. I have the same. When I use Progesterone cream regularly it becomes less. I am sure it is hormonal. Maybe even related to the adrenal glands?

My eyelids also have for some time now had an orange shade ( looking like eye shadow) and it's interesting looking at the previous comments because I am in fact also gluten-intolerant but what doesn't make sense to me is that I have been totally gluten-free for a while and have noticed this "symptom" recently so for me maybe it doesn't correspond with gluten?

I would like to know how many of you with the orange eyelids have glasses and smoke cigarettes. I have always attributed my orange lids to this.

It is called Orange palpebral spots and apparently it is benign and happens mostly in middle aged women with fair skin. There is no known cause because of limited amounts of research done so far. There are no known cures or even a way to get rid of the spots. I have it on both eyes and one spot is worse than the other. I want to get rid of the because it looks awful. I have hidden most of it with makeup but no real way to get rid of it.

If lipid levels are normal, than orange eyelids are most likely Orange Palpebral Spots. They may be distressing from a cosmetic standpoint, but are not a health concern. The cause has not been determined. I developed mine at the age of 26, after spending the winter in Costa Rica, where I ate mangos and other tropical fruit on a daily basis. One theory is that the orange discoloration could be linked to high consumption of orange-colored fruits in winter. Many people may have this condition, but it is most noticeable on very fair-skinned people, the skin on the eyelids being extra thin.
I have never smoked, and always eaten a healthy diet & exercised. As far as I know, I have no sensitivity to gluten. It was interesting to read the comments about a possible connection to celiac, and/or gluten intolerance. My gluten consumption was low when I developed orange eyelids, but my tropical fruit consumption was quite high. I have had the orange on my eyelids for 20 years with no ill heath effects. My dermatologist says there's nothing to be done, and not to worry about it. However, my skin is very fair, so the orange area really stands out. It's pretty annoying, but there are worse things that could happen in life.

Maybe this will help. I also have been having this problem very recently. Iwas having acupuncture for a shoulder problem and asked her what she thought of my 'orange eyelids'. She suggested POTATO JUICE! . Just cut a potato and use the juice on the eyelid! The improvement within days has been remarkable. She also thought aloe vera could help.

Thanks for your post. I also was recently disgnosed with wheat, corn and casein intolerance. I have intermittent orange eye lids and I've been wondering what is causing it.

Probably Orange Palpebral Spots (OPS). Also referred to as Yellow-Orange Palpebral Spots. I've had this condition for years. The underlying cause remains elusive despite extensive analysis of serum. Although no unifying cause has been found, local trauma is a working theory, perhaps related to excessive eye rubbing or blinking. In my case, I used to rub my eyes vigorously with water when I first awoke in the mornings, though I have stopped the practice years ago. Hopefully, increased recognition of the symptom will identify a unifying cause. I am not a medical professional, so you should always follow the advice of your doctors rather than someone like me. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes I have the same exact thing! I think it's meant to tell you that your lacking vitamin D and that you need more sunlight!

I have orange eye lids (upper) but have never smoked. I had this before I started wearing glasses years ago. I have asked doctors but none have ever had a comment.

I also have very orange eyelids, am hypothyroid (was hyper- I had graves 19 years ago) and am gluten sensitive. I’ve been gluten free for almost 2 years. They are still oranger than ever.