Did u ever find out? Day after my exam. Can't get out of bed. Do I need to go back ? Was it just cramping or an injury. I would really appreciate a reply. Thank you.

I’m a 70 year old widow and went in for a pelvic exam because of possible uterine prolapse but it was my dropped bladder instead. That was a week ago and I still have pain and discomfort. When I stand I feel faint and dizzy and sit down quickly. In the morning I feel so weak I want to go back to bed. In my child-bearing years I remember this same feeling after an exam and thankful to find this chat. I’m wondering if the gloves the doctor wears for the exam have a powder or chemical on them. Or maybe it is simply such a shock to the tissue that the area is bruised. Something is wrong with an exam that is so painful to the most delicate tissue in a woman’s body.

I'm terribly sorry you had a bad experience and felt violated, that is beyond damaging and you definitely need to find a doctor that fits your needs and comfort level. I whole heartedly respect your personal decision to be celibate, as I respect all people's personal decisions as long as they don't cause harm to others.

However, this is where I am going to get real with you. Your views on sexually active women are disgustingly patriarchal and misogynistic. Women that have sex are NOT whores and s**ts- no matter how many times they do it, and with how many people. A person's sexual activity is personal, and just because someone has sex multiple times or with multiple partners does not mean they are less than, or deserving of disease. When I was 18 I had my first pap and std screening, I was not a virgin and hadn't been for 3 years. However at the time I hadn't slept with anyone for well over a year and was just there a precaution/routine check up. I had no stds but did have bacterial vaginitis- which can happen for a number of reasons regardless if a person is a virgin or not...like having a period and using tampons/pads, a ph imbalance, if you are UTI prone, etc... and just because you are not sexually active- does not mean you're "safe" from these possibilities- hence the importance of these exams. Your doctor was right to tell you you couldn't listen to music because a doctor needs to be able to communicate with their patient for not only your knowledge and well being, but for legal reasons. They were right to tell you that you are indeed an adult, and these things are uncomfortable but necessary. They were wrong to be so harsh and aggressive with you and your feelings and for that I am sorry....

However I will be damned if I let someone like you try to make me or anyone else feel less than for having sex, enjoying and exploring their bodies and taking pleasure in a completely natural experience. You need to change your views on sexual activity because it will effect your love life.

The experience you had was not normal. You should not have been treated that way. I am so sorry for what you had to go through. I honestly had to go through 2 horrible gynecologist to finally find the amazing doctor I have now and surprisingly he is a male. I feel like sometimes female gynecologist can feel like they have vaginas too so they don't have to have sympathy for you and can tell you what to do with your body. It s horrible. I will never go back to a female gynecologist again because my gynecologist Dr. Scott is the most sensitive and caring Gyno I've ever experienced. My mother and grandmother even saw his father before he died. It's important to find a doctor with good bedside manner and cares about YOUR comfort. Especially if this is a huge first for you. But you shouldn't worry about feeling ashamed or dirty. She should be ashamed. Not you. She treated a patient like sh*t and in my opinion is a POS doctor for that! You went through something terrible with her, but it will get better. Do some research and make a few meetings with other doctors. Find someone that you feel comfortable with so your next appointment won't be anything like the last. Just remember you are beautiful and strong and that's what makes you a woman. It will get better.

Find another doctor. I just went throught all of this minus the paps test and i am in pain as well

I don’t even think Pap smears are humane. This is a very violating exam. It was brought about by a misogynist man who would experiment on slave women. I don’t know why they are still practicing this. What they should adopt is the CSA blood test instead of this misogynistic exam. I had a Pap smear as a virgin and the doctor straight lied to me and told me he would stop if it were too painful! When I told him it was painful he replied “oh I’m almost finished”’he saw I was in pain then continued to shove his finger in. This is inhumane. I really value my dignity and demand respect after that awful exam. Women need to be respected in the medical industry. We are all bullied into these violating exams, because DOCTORS state that basically if someone even looks at us we will get cervical cancer. The only thing that’s causing cervical cancer are those unsterile speculums. Lets take our power back! I’m so sorry you had an awful experience like me. .i hope that you are able to bounce back and decline this invasive exam.

Hi i just went on tue to the gyne and had a pap smear and pelvic exam and ultrasound and have had mild cramping, first time ever, i dont even get cramping like this with my period. Gyne suspects i might have endometriosis so maybe it could be that that has been aggrevated with the inslection?

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Its really disgusting that you had to go through that. If ever in your life you do not feel comfortable please get up and leave. That is with any situation. You are the rule maker of you. If you do not like something get out of he situation. This is not your fault by the way not at all. This dr was absolutley terrible for doing this to you and making you feel bad. I had a terrible dr like this one time and it traumatized me still to this day im afraid to go to the gyn. I do it because i have to but try to find a dr that you are comfortable with and stick with that same.person. im so sorry again i really feel bad for what you had to go through