Sooooo

I am so happy I’m not crazy!!!! I am sorry this is happening to so many of you guys.

I’ve had more than one cystoscope. My problem started when mesh was used to repair a problem with urinary incontinence. Since then, I have to keep my bladder full, the pineapple juice like urine, the spasms, the intolerance to alcohol, tomato sauce, salt and raven forbid I let my bladder empty out or hold my urine.

This is totally crippling. I’ve lost my quality of life, period!!!

The antibiotics work as long as I’m taking them and within two days, I’m back to square one.

Out of desperation, I found this combo makes things more bearable.

I wake up about 3 AM and drink water and void.
As soon as I wake up, drink water, thennnn have coffee or tea or whatever.

Drink at least 1,000 MG of cranberry pills with D Mannose which is a sugar to coat the bladder and keep bacteria in check.

Drink garlic pills mid day. Again, several of them.

At night, take Lactoferrin by LifeExrension.

If you plan to have sex. Please make your partner brush their teeth, and take a shower. It sucks but it’s what works for me.

Once you’re done, make sure you get up and void and drink water with the cranberry pills.

I’ve given this regimen a lot of thought. It started in 2008 after I was injured by a suburethral sling for urinary incontinence. They ruined my life.

The stress from this is so bad, I now have Fibromyalgia and Interstitial Cystitis.

Im not a doctor. I’m just sharing my experience.

Good luck ladies and I pray you get better.

Claudia

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had the exact same problem for years, with no result after so many doctor appointments. After a lot of study online about this stuff, I think the cause can be a vaginal infection with an undiscovered yet pathogen. Anyway, I solved my problem by myself with the following treatment: Azitromicin (it's an antibiotic): 500 mg in the first day and 250 mg the following 5 days, Biomicin Forte 3 capsules/day for 10 days (this is a natural antibiotic produced in Romania, not sure where can you find it outside Romania, maybe ebay or amazon). The same treatment for my husband. In plus, for me: Optibac for women (it's a probiotic, you can find it on ebay), one capsule daily for a month, also Ginosept pessaries (produced in Romania, they have propolis and essential oils with antibiotic properties). These pessaries are amazing, they take the urethral pain and discomfort away in few hours. There are 6 months pain free for me and I can't believe it, I had this problem for so many years. My sexual life was ruined and I couldn't go for a swim in the last 3-4 years because after that the symptoms got worse. Since I took this treatment my symptoms dissapeared and just once I had one day of pain (after sex) but quicly dissapeared after just one Ginosept pessary. I hope this helps :)

I forgot to mention that I took these pessaries for 12 days, one daily (on the evening), along with the antibiotics.

If you have symptoms of a uti, and cultures keep coming back negative get checked for ureaplasma and mycoplasma they are bacteria that don’t show up in standard urine cultures as the bacteria are so small. Only certain antibiotics like azithromycin and doxycycline will kill it. Some doctors dont even know about this bacteria, find a doctor who has heard of it and ask to be tested. Unfortunately I had to go to many doctors before I was taken seriously..

Good bet the antibiotics have burned the bladder and removed the good bacteria. Antibiotics although necessary have a lot of side effects. All of the pain could be from them.

I know you posted this over a year ago, I was just wondering if your wife got better after the treatment? I am having the exact same issue and have been going through this for 10 months. I had a bladder infection Ureaplasma back in February and had 7 day course of antibiotics but every time I come off them the symptoms return! Seen two urologists and had two cystoscopies and they say everything looks fine and urine tests come back negative but I still have severe burning at some point everyday and frequent urination. What antibiotics did your wife get out on and how did this third urologist diagnose it? I don’t have any cysts so I’m scared they will dismiss this as a possibility.

Did u have blood in your urine as well or no

Was there blood in your urine as well

I am 41 year old Female who has as everyone else has had reoccurring uti. I had not had one since last year then got a really bad one where I was climbing the walls in pain. I have been like this for 3 weeks now and nothing helps. I also have autoimmune conditions that have recently played up so my immune system I shot. I am finding it really hard to go to work and have just had enough. It's funny that we all have exactly the same simptoms but no answer. I feel that the bladder almost needs a complete rest so I thought I might try a Elimination diet where you eat very bland stuff for 6 weeks and see how that goes. No spices or anything. But would love a cure.