Attention all you having pain in groin, thigh and to top of knee.  See a neuro surgeon.  I have the same pain and it gets complicated because I suffered with the same pain for 12 years before I found an ortho DR who recognized the arthritis.  I had a total hip at 51 yrs old (female).  Immediately the pain was gone!  It felt so great!

Now, it has been 5 yrs and it's back.  I have seen a neuro Dr because these pains can come from the low back...and, yes, the radiology studies noted "some" ppressure on the diss between L4-5 and L3-4.  Exercises did help, but not competely resolve.  They said it's not bad enough for surgery (and that's an extreme action)

The pain is intermittent, but as I am a surgical RN (irony, right) and am on my feet all day, when it hits, it stays with me for days.  Every time I walk!

I get really exhausted and grumpy from the constant pain...I may have to push for the surgery.  too, have to pick my leg up to put it in the car.  I walk by putting my weight centered on my Right leg.

The pain is so bad my health is declining because the last thing I want to do is exercise.  I just hate the idea that my range of motion could be affected. 

I had my hip replaced 4 years ago at the age of 34, due to hip dysplasia. I was never able to lay flat or lift my leg after surgery without significant pain. X-rays all looked "normal". i recently had an injection into the iliopsoas muscle in the hip joint under fluoroscopy. they injected numbing medication and steroid. The dOctober said that if the pain was gone during the 6 hours that the hip was numb, this indicated that the problem lies with the iliopsoas muscle being agitated. Treatment is another surgery to "release the iliopsoas muscle/tendon". I felt great for that 6 hours. better than I have in 4 years. Now I am deciding about surgery again because I am not sure how this will affect me if I need another hip replacement in the future, due to only being 38 now. I just wish I could be pain free. I am a wife, mother, and nurse and it would be nice to be able to just be normal. 

my husband had same thing avascular necrosis in both hips. has severe groin pain before and after left hip replacement
still in pain 3 weeks after. Surgeon said it would be gone with hip replacement. possible tendonitis release sounds like
the best option. He felt a pop 1 week after replacement. Going to keep addressing this till its fixed. See about lengthening the psoas muscle during hip replacement? Don't know if that's possible during maybe after. Anyone know??

I had hip replacement February 15 2017 was getting better each day but one night I was coughing and experienced a sharp groin pain what could be the oroblem

What to do about a pain in my groin after hip replacement

Yeah ... Sue the Damn Doctor. I just had my complete right hip replacement August 22 and today is Sept. 10 2017 and I just woke up as you said with groin pain and am now looking up via search engine at this sight as to why ???? I asked the Surgeon before the surgery if the pain from my inner groin to my knee will go away I was having before the surgery and he said yes, but he's not sure of the knee pain which hip was causing maybe an alignment problem to the knee though/.

yes the same for me for 5 years now, but i have that stryker hip that they have recalled so i guess i will have to have refusion surgery, otherwise i will stay in pain like this forever, you may have bersitis in that hip which you will have to get injections often, it is nice to talk to someone who understands how i feel everyday, feel free to email me anytime

ceramic ball ,titanium rod recall?

I have same thing. This sucks