Out of the blue , 2 months ago noticed some swelling of feet and ankles. Have never had swelling anywhere ever and have always been pretty thin-even with a little weight gain my legs and feet never got any bigger. For a month they went up and down periodically, now the last few weeks my feet have blown up to the point I was scared my toes woud pop, they are very red and they actually hurt to touch or walk on. Went to a doctor who gave me an antibiotic for urinary track infection he caught, a pain pill for nerve pain to take at night and a diuretic for the retention of water. The pain pill and the diuretic made me extremely weak, and sick after one dose of each. I stopped them and continuing on the antibiotic. The swelling seems to have gone down but I still feel the pain when touching my feet, and I can't seem to stay up and around for more than 15 minutes before I get weak, light headed, and at times nausea hits and I vomit, cold swets hit and I have to lay down again. meds are Triamiterene 75mg (maxide) and Gabapentin 100mg at night
Feels like my blood pressure drops basically and one of the meds given I looked up and it says it is to treat high blood pressure as well as edema or water retention. Maybe the dose was just to high and thats why it made me sick/I don't know and why would my feet feel like I have broken glass in them when you touch them and are bright red on the top of them. Can't figure it out, any advise would be appretiated. :?

hi,
have you found anything out on your condition? my wife is going through something very similiar and has no clue what it is. her doctor does'nt seem to know either . the doctor gave her meds but did'nt seem to help. if you have any info please contact me
Thanks
Russ Imler

Several years ago when it was impossible to have anything touch my feet anywhere without pain and my shoe size had gone from a size 7 1/2 to a size 9 1/2, a complete stranger told me to increase my potassium levels.  Another person told me that potassium need increases with salt intake.  It is a daily struggle to get enough potassium and limit my salt intake, but if I fail to pay attention for even a few days the symptoms come back. 

I wish I knew what other factors might be involved but this situation is much better than the extreeme pain I was experiencing before I started watching my potassium consumption.  

You could possibly be pregnant? My ankles get swullen and I get very dizzy, but I havent gotten morning sickness, Just take a home test JUST IN CASE! It could be a lot of things. Ice your feet, put them above your heart, elevate them

mom's feet are so swollen and pain full she can no longer walk and is in a wheel chair doctor does not know what is causing this

I have had bad feet since the 90's. been to every kind of doctor...they all say something else...I think they are all full of sh*t...I cant walk far....I get very slow when walking and then if I sit down...I can barely walk again...now my toenails have all gone bad, I have toes separating on each foot and starting to get hammer toes...same on each foot. I have thought about a medical scooter at this point. At my wits end...I no longer work but I am falling apart

Same here been going on years had all tests but it’s got to be something as feet like balloons going bust painful put feet to floor etc help