My son ended up in Icu 3 times, numerous wash outs and a long road ahead of himself. All this dye to alcohol consumption which took years to evolve.
My opinion is to look it with your drinking, meaning to cut it out all together.
If your lived sit in on your recovery you will know what I am talking about.

Note to you
My son coded blue 2 times he is so lucky he is alive. Hope you read this message and. Hangs out your life.
It takes years to come to a head and believe you me you don't want to go thru what my son did. So smarting up!

My son ended up in Icu 3 times, numerous wash outs and infections, and many days and months to recover. He is in his 6 month right now and only eating tpn food thru his stomach and a long road ahead of himself, probably another year of recovery. All this do to alcohol consumption which took years to evolve. He started when he was in college and is now 42
My opinion is to kool it with your drinking, meaning to cut it out all together. Your pancreas will start to die off if you keep drinking along with other organs. Not scaring you but as a mother I am living thru my sons recovery with tears in my eyes.
If your loved ones sat in on your recovery you will know what I am talking about.

Note to you
My son coded blue 2 times he is so lucky he is alive. Hope you read this message and. Change out your life.
It takes years to come to a head and believe you me you don't want to go thru what my son did. So smartiin up!

I was just diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis I have been dealing with all the symptoms for over 10 years. I have seen several doctors including specialists who first diagnosed me having possible pancreatitis in 2015 put me on enzymes and diet. Which worked for a while. Then the symptoms came back and I had another attack in 2016 and 2017 .I then went to another specialist who did a scope with tissue samples and within 24 hours told me I was positive for Sino. Did two rounds of antibiotics and probiotics was still having pain and a few weeks ago had another attack so my current doctor did a scope with ultrasound said my pancreas has worsened from a 3 to a 5.and then diagnosed me with chronic pancreatitis. So now I will have to see a special dietitian who specializes in pancreatitis and I will need to go to a pain clinic. So any help will be appreciated

Thank you Joshua, I know you weren't talking to me, but felt like you were. Just three days ago I had an attack, Pancreatitis. I was given naproxen for pain which I did have to use, but decided today would be drug free, because the ER doctor said stop taking the meds when you no loner are in pain, how do you do that if you are prescribed to take it, lol. Anyway my pain is gone, been drinking only last three days as prescribed (water, broth, and only jello) This all happened after a two week journey for me to lose weight, two protein shakes and a healthy big salad for dinner. I lost ten pounds and was eagerly anticipating to continue my weight loss, until this happened. So, can I still continue the high protein shakes, and then what do I do with all that salad I have in the fridge??? Thanks again, I really appreciate you and you input!!! John Casey

You are too young to make the rest of your life miserable. Find a gastroenterologist or internal medicine specialist to follow you closely. It would be helpful to know just what caused the initial insult as there are several causes. Stick with your physician as he will have the complete picture of just how it came on. Your continued intermittent pain may not be related. Low fat and NO alcohol for sure. Chronic pancreatitis is miserable.

THart, MD